Interesting conversation heard outside family court

Old 10-22-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stoic

Interesting conversation heard outside family court

This is just a gossip posting, with a relation to alcohol usage and how it can affect families.
Yesterday I was back in AW's town to go to custody court to maintain the protective order against her. (She didn't show, and all's well still)

Anyways,
Sitting outside the court, waiting my turn to have the case heard, to my left was a young lady in her late 20's, with her female friend, what appeared to be her dad, and their lawyer.
With space being cramped, and me being only a few feet from them, I couldn't help but overhear their entire conversation as they spoke about her case.
She was going through a custody battle with her ex-husband, and they were just dripping with smugness, they were so confident that she was about to get full custody due to a number of issues. They were so happy and jazzed to be there, the atmosphere around them felt like the excitement at going into a new movie at a cinema. Their turn came before mine, and they hustled off into the courtroom.

After their case, they came back out and sat in the same spot, so I got to hear about the aftermath as they discussed it.
They were devastated. The young lady looked like she'd just seen a car accident.
They had "lost" their case. Instead of getting full custody, she actually was granted limited visitation, with no overnights.
From what I could gather from their conversation, a short time ago the young lady had posted some pictures of herself enjoying some time at the beach with the kids on facebook. The problem is that in a number of those photos, she was drinking beer.
The ex-husband apparently used that as evidence that she was "still drinking" while in the care of the kids.

I couldn't help but think "Good for him, good for him."
Old 10-22-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

LOL. People always put photos/videos of what they do online, even if it's of them doing something stupid or committing a crime. Then they act all surprised when it comes back to bite them in the butt.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

BRAGGING RITES always come back to haunt you....lmao