Notices

Need More Than Help ...

Old 06-06-2004, 07:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Need More Than Help ...

Here goes....

29 year old daughter started using again, pills, then... I think heroin and crack and God knows what all. She started using (alcohol) at 13...in and out of programs that as a minor we the parents got her into with our insurance. Was doing Ok we thought and at 18 really wasn't...then she put herself into a program after that seemed to be doing ok. But got pregnant, married and divorced. Struggled as a single mom with an ex that didn't pay the support and now owes her over 20K.

Well around end of November I found out something was really going bad (she lives in another state, five hours away) tried to get her to go into a program while she still had insurance (she lost her job about then also) but she wouldn't go ...you all know that one "unless the person is ready or has hit bottom"

So Christmas was horrible and ended up we took her child away from her through the court in our state and we have him. Oh she was MAD....but said she was going back to her home and would get into treatment or a program ...well 7 months later and she is a mess. Health ....looks like death warmed over, had her car stolen by a fellow junkie, not paying her bills and has maxed out credit cards and NO I am not giving her money.

So this is the question... How to get help if she now will do it with no insurance? Also, she has no support where she is living, her brother will have nothing to do with her. So do I try and get her to get help in my state so she could at least see her child (he is 6 knows something is wrong but at this age can't explain it to him)??

Oh I did not mention I also have my 84 year old mother with me cause of her severe osteoporosis can't do for herself any more and the issue of her pain meds that I must lock up when daughter is around.

All this pressure is about to make me explode...........
Old 06-06-2004, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Mom,
Welcome to Sober Recovery.
Sounds like you've got a lot to deal with right now.
As for your question about rehab and no insurance...my ex went through long term rehab. He told me that most of the people there didn't have insurance. So there must be a way around that roadblock. Call the rehab facilities in your area and check it out.
I've done the juggling act of dealing with an addict, dealing with a hurt child and dealing with a failing, aging parent all at once. It wears you out, I swear to God it does. Please try to make some room to do something nice for yourself.
And please join us on the Alanon and Naranon boards. There are a lot of people there who understand what you're going through.
Gabe
Old 06-06-2004, 07:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reply Gabe. I am new so I had not seen any posts that looked like my triple deck mess.

MotherofD
Old 06-06-2004, 08:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

The Salvation Army has good resources that are free.