Notices

My second quit. Day 4

Old 10-21-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My second quit. Day 4

When I quit before (for a year), I had no symptoms except grumpiness.
I spent the first 2 days vomiting, diarrhea and horrible shakes. Slept better last night. Still have some shakes. But still having horrible diarrhea!
Quiting cold turkey.
Hopefully the diarrhea and shakes leave me soon.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Edshjh! Those first few days are rough. Thankfully, we never have to go through that again. I'm glad you joined us - this is a great place for support & friendship. You're never alone.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome. Have you been getting any very strange dreams, or visions, when you're not asleep but trying to nod off. Horrific stuff? I used to get a lot of that in the first 2-3 days. I always thought it was my brain gradually waking up again and getting it's wires all crossed.

I found that trying to intensely re-water my body by drinking as much H2O as I could over the course of a day helped. I kept on sipping and sipping on water. Also I definitely tried to eat a lot of sweet things as well because my body would crave sugars, and I kept warm. I felt very lucky that I had a laptop as I would drag myself off the floor and crawl to my bed, and reappear a week later. I used to look like some sort of Neanderthal after my binges!

This is a great site. I don't post here as much as I used to but it will remain an integral part of my life.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is my 4th quit. First was 8 years, 2nd was 3 years, and the last was 4 years. Have relapsed now for the last 3 years. On day 7 now, and I gotta say that this was my first time detoxing. It was horrible....but hang in there...it gets better in a few days
Old 10-21-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! The detox only lasts a few days then you'll start feeling better. Take good care of yourself.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I laid down cigarettes 3 times. The first two were breezes. The third sucked like hell. That was 10 years ago. The thought of going back through that again was the deciding factor.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No. I have had some wild dreams, but I am taking a holistic sleep aid too