Notices

Bad feelings

Old 10-21-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad feelings

Tell me how you deal with and sit with bad feelings related to things that cannot be resolved quickly.

I am angry and scared and finding it nearly unbearable for these feelings to be present for so long and not be able to numb them and make them disappear.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you have a safe person to talk to? Someone who knows your struggles and truly knows your heart? I felt that way this morning. I felt hopeless and helpless and terrible... like I was the worst person alive. and I couldn't shake the feeling. STILL can't shake the feeling. So what did I do? I text my people and said YEP! I screwed up again! I got drunk.... again!!! and they talked me down off that ledge... barely, but did.

Otherwise I run until my legs want to give out
Old 10-21-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Things work themselves out. They are not going to change by worrying about them.
Besides, I usualy discover that there was nothing as serious to worry about when things resolved themselves. It wasn't such a big deal to begin with.

I, of course, don't know what you're thinking but if can't be resolved quickly why worry about the future when all we have is today?
There are things in my life that are worrysome but, if I'm sober I can deal with them. This took getting some sober time behind me.

I had problems while drinking. As well as being sober. Much like you, I did nothing but dwell on them in my hungover state. Drinking never solved them. They didn't go away, I was just drunk and my only immediate concern was where my next drink was coming from.

I hope things work out for you and best to you.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So sorry things are bleak, I found after a few months things started to bounce back and from then on things that used to start those feelings of didn't stay around that long.
I hope for you it starts looking up.
John.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

talking, groups of like minded people and sharing, basically anything but keeping it in your head and letting it go round and round until you break.

HOw about putting it out as a post or sending a PM to a friend you have developed?

Good luck.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It takes a while to sort out your feelings and get used to feeling them without numbing them away. Have you considered counseling? I see a counselor and it helps me a lot. I can tell her how I'm feeling and she doesn't judge me for it, only suggests possible solutions.