A Milestone Day - And a Thank You

Old 10-21-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Milestone Day - And a Thank You

Good Morning, Friends,

I haven't been on this forum - either to lurk, or post - in quite some time. Work has been super-busy, and life has been busy in general.

Today is my birthday - all 50 years of them. Hard to believe that I've attained this age, and have a 3.5 year old at home. Lots of reflection going on today - trying to come to terms with the bad choices and not-so-good decisions that I've made over the years. But all-in-all, I've been quite blessed in many facets of my life.

And even though I'm crazy-busy with projects today - I did want to take a few minutes to let you all know how much I appreciate your wisdom, strength, courage, love, and support that you've given me since I joined here over 15 months ago. I don't think that I'd be as mentally and emotionally as strong as I am if I had not found this wonderful forum.

The reasons we are here are sad, and sometimes tragic, but it goes to show how great and loving humankind can be - and for that I am eternally grateful.

I pray for all of you, everyday, and pray that you can find some joy and peace in your lives - even if it's only a couple of minutes each day.

Thank You, and God Bless!

Central Ohio Dad

Old 10-21-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Wonderful to hear from you, C-O Dad!!! Please continue to take good care of yourself and that precious little one
Old 10-21-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wishing you the happiest of happy birthdays, COHD! I also have a 3.5 year old...exhausting! Hope you are able to enjoy everything about this wonderful milestone birthday.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

GRRRRReat to hear from You COD!! So glad that you are doing well. I can remember your posts when you were struggling....LOL.

Happiest of Birthdays!

dandylion
Old 10-21-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day ~

(I am not far from 50 either ~ but I'm a grandmother raising a 9 yr old granddaughter with 5 other granddaughters to enjoy)

Enjoy the wonderful blessings of the day ~ so glad you stayed around with us and let the understand, peace and love of the program grow in you ~ it shows!!

Happy PINK Bday HUGS!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy birthday! How's that baby doing?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy birthday COD!! Glad life has been peaceful for you for a change.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

:day

Way to go!

Your friend,
Old 10-21-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

All the best on the next 50.

Good to see you doing good, and more of the same for you.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Happy birthday! How's that baby doing?
He's doing great! Growing up fast, staying healthy (knock on wood), and continuing to be a daily source of entertainment. Keeping me on my toes, that's for sure.

The teachers at his daycare call him the "best-mannered" child they've seen, so that makes us proud! I believe that good manners are important - too bad mant parents these days don't follow along with that philosophy. (Guess it must be my Old-school ways! HA!).
Old 10-22-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank You

Thank you all for your well-wishes. I had a good day.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Syd

Happy belated birthday, CentralOhioDad!
I have no idea what the inspiration was behind your siggy, but it made me chuckle. Thanks for the laugh!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Syd View Post
I have no idea what the inspiration was behind your siggy, but it made me chuckle. Thanks for the laugh!
Syd, that signature comes from a post I made earlier this year. Backstory: have an AW and a 3 yr-old at home, and a job that this year has been demanding 6-7 day workweeks. AW, though better, still has no motivation to do much of anything around the house - so, most of the household duties: cooking, cleaning, childcare, yardwork, laundry - falls to me.

I got so overwhlemed, looked to this forum for support, and made the comment that "I'm so damn busy I don't even have enough time to fart!" Well, it kinda stuck after that; thus, becoming my signature.

And with the project ramping up at work even more, and AW still not doing much around the house - the saying still applies!

Welcome to the board - sorry for what brings you here. I see you're a newbie, lots of good folks here.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
Syd, that signature comes from a post I made earlier this year. Backstory: have an AW and a 3 yr-old at home, and a job that this year has been demanding 6-7 day workweeks. AW, though better, still has no motivation to do much of anything around the house - so, most of the household duties: cooking, cleaning, childcare, yardwork, laundry - falls to me.

I got so overwhlemed, looked to this forum for support, and made the comment that "I'm so damn busy I don't even have enough time to fart!" Well, it kinda stuck after that; thus, becoming my signature.

And with the project ramping up at work even more, and AW still not doing much around the house - the saying still applies!

Welcome to the board - sorry for what brings you here. I see you're a newbie, lots of good folks here.

LOL, I remember that one! I was just going to come on and ask how that farting is going for you?

Glad to see you're doing well. Happy Birthday, too!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

happy birthday!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

CentralOhioDad. beautiful thread, you are FANTASTIC.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Happy birthday! I will trade you my 11-month-old for your 3.5-year-old. I'm not a toddler person. We can switch once she hits four. Deal?
Old 10-23-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
Happy birthday! I will trade you my 11-month-old for your 3.5-year-old. I'm not a toddler person. We can switch once she hits four. Deal?
I'll keep my 3.5 year old! Every stage is a blessing, and I'm loving this one! It's nice to have 'conversations' and have him be somewhat independent. He's all mine!!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I hope you farted on your birthday.