anyone up? online?

im dsat waiting for the day to start

ie my court appearance to be dealt with

im in court today

i cant sleep

i been up since 4.30

i already been and put fuel in my wifes car

can go to paypoint and pay water/electric bill and phone top up at 7.00

and put fuel in my car, (wife is following me to court once kids taken to school

im still sober

im handling my resentment/anger with neighbours better, a fellow aa member gave me good advice on my big macho ego, and it sank in and felt like a big pressure lifted from my head

so not only this time have i accepted i cant drink safely today, i also accepted my bursts of anger to others is my macho ego

anyone online to chat/reply

i cant get in chat room i never have been able to my computor wont let me, or i cant get it to anyway

dave
Old 10-20-2013, 10:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi Dave, I'm up here in California! sounds like you're taking care of business. good!

are you going to trial or sentencing?

love from Lenina
Old 10-20-2013, 10:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
I am up.

Good luck to you in court!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hopefully senteceing today it wont go to trial, its not too bad a offence its threats to cause criminal damage, but being a angry alcoholic for 20 odd years ive got a lot of history of criminal damage assault drunk dissorder drink driving threats to kill affray the list goes on so im nervous

it took till 3 weeks ago after all this sh!t in my life to accept im alcoholic and cant drink today

it took till just last friday to realise my macho ego
Old 10-20-2013, 10:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Are you working the AA program? Do you have a sponsor? If so, can anyone from the Fellowship go with you for support? Is it possible to go to an AA meeting before court? You might consider hitting a meeting after court.

Theres many good things in AA. Learning how to clean up the wreckage of our past is one of them. it's very freeing.

Love from Lenina
Old 10-20-2013, 10:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Still up here in Wyoming. Sorry your having a tough time. Good luck to you though, I know it sucks!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hey there teardrop im having similar problem dealing with my ego and anger...esp harder now that im sober to manage feelings of rage against certain people...i wish u the est in ur recovery, life, and family. God Bless
Old 10-20-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

*best
Old 10-20-2013, 10:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

yeah got aa meeting tonight, got a very good sponsor, im doing a very thourough step 1 with him at moment, my mum is over from france to support me, my dad is coming too and my wife, ive got a solicitor too

ive got lots of aa numbers and had lots of support yesterday from people ive known less than 3 weeks

and yes i certainly am working aa programme now

ive had enough of all the sh!t i get myself into with alcohol

thanks for your support replies guys and girls
Old 10-20-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey teardrop, hope everything goes ok for you. Sounds like you're stepping up and trying to make positive changes in your life. Keep up the good work. I highly recommend AA, I avoided it like the plague until last week but somehow, i managed to get myself there. I will continue going, it really is a wonderful place. All the best.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sounds like you've got a lot of good support around you from family and friends! Good job on starting the Step work! If you're permitted to give a statement pre sentencing, you might mention the progress you're making in AA. Over here, many courts will cut you some slack if you stay actively involved in a 12 Step program.

Good luck to you and please let us know how court went.

love from Lenina
Old 10-20-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Teardrop...It's only 11pm in SoCal. Sorry you've got so much on your mind. I'm sure you realize that worrying and obsessing about everything won't help in the slightest. I don't know what will happen, but things often work out far, far better than you could believe. Any way to watch a favorite DVD, or pick up a favorite book? (I do know that reading one of my favorites can take my mind off of anything).
Old 10-20-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Anger was the number 1 issue for me. I was always angry when I drank. The first few months of sobriety it was hard not to put a drink in my hand when the feeling came. And it came, all the time.
Early sobriety was a process of identifying the anger when it happened, and then using the "pause" tool. Stop, breathe, and then really examine what you are angry about. When I started dissecting the emotion like that I started to learn that I had a lot of unrealistic expectations of others and life in general, and myself, that I had a powerful victim mentality and that I wanted to control every situation I was in.
I had a lot of work to do on myself, and still do!
But, I am amazed to report that with months and months and then years of sobriety, most of the anger, if not all, has totally disappeared from my behavior.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Timelord

Just want to add my best wishes for today. You sound like you got this alcoholism kicked into touch. Hope the British justice system recognises this
Old 10-21-2013, 12:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Teardrop - good luck today - will be thinking about you
Old 10-21-2013, 12:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Still up. I hope your day is going well. With luck court won't be too bad.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Morning, good luck for today.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

thanks everyone,got 18 month conditional discharge, basically keep out of trouble for 18 months or get retried for this

£100 costs
Old 10-21-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sounds like a result. Just don't celebrate it!

On a more serious note that is what I got a while ago. Though it was a 12 month conditional. 4 months later I did some more damage to myself and got in trouble again whilst in a 12 hour blackout. I'm still awaiting the court date/decision. It's either a VERY big fine, Or jail.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shauninspain View Post
Sounds like a result. Just don't celebrate it!

On a more serious note that is what I got a while ago. Though it was a 12 month conditional. 4 months later I did some more damage to myself and got in trouble again whilst in a 12 hour blackout. I'm still awaiting the court date/decision. It's either a VERY big fine, Or jail.
Hey Shaun, glad you're back, I was wondering what happened to you, I hope you're alright.