Notices

Marijuana Maintenance

Old 10-20-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Marijuana Maintenance

So, here I go again. After a two day binge to "celebrate" by birthday, I once again woke up having no idea what I had done. Great. I've been drinking again for well over a year now and slowly but surely am drinking every day and blacking out probably about once a month. In the past being sober all the time was kind of boring and I'll be honest, I simply like being under some kind of influence. So, I know most of my fellow drunkards look down on smoking weed and say it doesn't work in the long run and leads back to drinking. But, personally, when I'm stoned, its a very different experience from being drunk. More introspective, more aware of people's feelings, more aware of consequences, etc. I've tried AA and like watching a Bud Light commercial, listening to stories about drinking made me want to... drink. Go figure. I've read that something like 90% of people in AA drink again in the first year anyway so what gives? Is it really the weed that leads to drinking or simply the fact that you're a drunk? Does anyone successfully smoke weed and not drink? I feel they are very different animals. And how far do people really take this "sober" term because every dry drunk I know drinks massive amounts of caffeine and half of them chain smoke cigarettes? I'm not exactly sure why alcohol and weed get lumped in together because they are very, very different drugs. Anyone have a positive experience using weed and abstaining from alcohol? Having no vice that alters my consciousness is kind of scary to me. Anyways, here's to another day 1. Cheers!(with Gatorade)
Old 10-20-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have had friends in the past that just smoked pot and did not drink. For me it was just another way to escape and when the weed wasn't strong enough to shut me off I would start drinking while smoking. So I guess you need to ask yourself why you drink and smoke in the first place. Is it an escape or lifestyle choice?
Old 10-20-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Rupert, I see you joined in 2010 and have posted only 8 times. If you read all your previous posts, you can see how your addiction has been affecting you since then. I never heard of anyone dying from smoking pot, but it is still a mood altering drug and a form of escape. When you build up a tolerance, it won't be enough and you will need to add alcohol or something else to get the escape you want. I had 33 years of using alcohol and pot to escape life. 3 DWI's. 2 marriages down the tubes. couple nights in jail. skipped out on lots of responsibilities. Tough times for me called for another drink and another hit. I just made things worse while I thought I was postponing things.
I can't get back all those years of using while I was raising 3 kids. I screwed them up in the process. Now I am trying to right all those wrongs. Don't give yourself a whole bunch of regrets that you will have to fix.