Notices

Oh so lonely tonight....

Old 10-19-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh so lonely tonight....

Home alone, bored and lonely. I have thought about heading to a candlelight meeting tonight, but just don't seem to have the ambition. Being home alone also seems to be a big trigger for me, I mean who's going to know, right? Just a little, I deserve it, it's been almost 8 months right?? Wow, is this demon strong and patient!!!
Old 10-19-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You've got lots of friends here Charilee. And we will still be here even if you decide to hit the meeting, which is probably not a bad idea if you are feeling alone and down. If not, hang out here, we'd love to spend some sober time with ya
Old 10-19-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't listen to your alcoholic voice! You don't want to fall off because you were bored do you? Maybe bake or rearrange your clothes or do anything to stop thinking about drinking
Old 10-19-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Waking Up Sober--priceless

Well congrats on the 8 months--to my mind that in itself is amazing!
I find just hanging out on SR reading is effective and once when I was really having a bad time I logged into the chat room and had some good laughs and that really did help. But my secret weapon is some milk with 3 or 4 Oreo cookies.
Good luck with the evening--you know you can do it!
Old 10-19-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

you're not alone in that feeling, so many times (too many) I 'reward' myself for doing so good with relapsing. Not worth it, although in my head it makes total sense at the time.
hope you find something else to do - just get through tonight and hopefully tomorrow will be better!
Old 10-19-2013, 09:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Enjoy the alone time, no one is bothering you, no one is doing something to annoy you, you can watch whatever movie or television show you want, or you can just sit and relax and read something. Maybe take a long bubble bath or cook something. Personally, I enjoy time alone; although, I understand that everyone is different. But I do find being alone very peaceful.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 months! I can't wait to be there, that's an accomplishment!

I worked a wine tasting tonight (I'm in the wine biz and working on getting out of course) at a yacht club with other suppliers. Everyone else was sipping on something and I was offered a glass of sparkling wine at least 4 or 5 times when the dessert came out. I love the taste of it and for a split second I thought "a little couldn't hurt, eh". The beast was ready to go even though 2 weeks ago I thought I was literally going to die from withdrawals. I said no politely every time and just got home and jumped onto this site right away.

I'm so thankful I didn't listen to that voice and give in - each and every day we have to make that decision whether we want to live or die (literally and/or metaphorically).

Personally there's no boredom or loneliness I've ever felt that isn't trumped by the agony, pain and regret after drinking. Fast forward the tape in your brain to how you'd feel tomorrow...that helps me. Hope you continue to make positive decisions. Keep it up, the only thing you're missing out on is a world of hurt

Shayx
Old 10-19-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

hang in there Charliee
Old 10-20-2013, 12:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You are doing so well don't give it all away. I would love to have your sober time behind me.you must be so proud of yourself and reaping the benefits. Just think how you would feel if you were back to day one again.you are strong and you don't need the beer and all the hassle that comes with it. All the best
Old 10-20-2013, 01:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Lonliness , isn't that caused by our past drinking habits ? only having "friends" who drink ? this will take time to change , but we do need to " get ourselves out there"

Boredom ? well there are lots of things to do with a whole internet at your finger tips , i'm watching a mst3k film on u-tube at the moment

it's fun , but it isn't drinking ... drinking isn't fun either though , i spent 20 years trying to make that life work before i gave up , all it is , is pain and numbness .

I also could write a story , paint a picture , take photo's with my digi camera , make some music , go on a date , go to a AA meeting and help out , do the housework , go for a walk ,

Why not sit down tonight and plan how to make and have a great sober life ?

What do you want ?

Bestwishes, m
Old 10-20-2013, 01:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Made it through the night, thanks for all the support everybody, I really appreciate it!! Watched "Leaving Las Vegas" great movie.... reminded me that I don't want to go through that again and that I need to stay strong for me and for everyone I care about
Old 10-20-2013, 01:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Still lonely though......
Old 10-20-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wish I could sleep, but that's ok....guess I will just watch a scary movie until I fall asleep. Thanks again everyone!! I had no ambition tonight, but yours kept me strong
Old 10-20-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How are you doing today CharlieE?
Old 10-20-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I know what you mean about the being alone trigger. It is for me as well. I hope your day today has been better!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

congrats on the 8 months and on making through last night!! just one day at a time!! awesome job!!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Doing really good today Urbanfarmer.... Hanging out with my girls, signing up for some volunteer activities, hanging out on SR and not much besides staying sober. How are you doing today?
Old 10-20-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support everyone. Woke up sober again with no regrets, nothing better
Old 10-20-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Yay!!! Good to hear
Old 10-20-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm doing good, thanks. Had dinner with family, and cake for my niece, it was nice, just hanging out watching tv. Apartment is cleaner then its ever been, ha. Im glad you're doing good, just take things as they come and realize before hand that there will be good and bad situations. Have a plan for the bad and enjoy the good. Stay Strong.