Notices

I relapsed after 10 days

Old 10-19-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry I relapsed after 10 days

Tonight I thought I would have one glass of wine, it turned into drinks with the guys then turned into cocaine and now I have not slept. I have no idea what I am going to do. I am going to go to a meeting, I think I need to start to go to meetings and get a sponsor. I am truly astounded how easy it was to talk myself into it and then how the exact same thing started to happen. I guess today is day 1 again, I dont know how i am going to do this.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Going to meetings and getting a sponsor can help a lot. I hope this is your last day one.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by Bryan654 View Post
I guess today is day 1 again, I dont know how i am going to do this.
You're already doing it, Byran! You've come right back and posted here - and now you know how easy it is to relapse and how awful it can feel, you'll be doubly diligent
Old 10-19-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Some people can do this alone, but not too many of us. I needed structure and support, I did lots of things in early sobriety. An outpatient clinic, an addictions therapist, then AA and then a sponsor and then some additional outpatient clinic, and some extra study groups.
There are tons of resources out there, providing lots of things for the person in recovery to do. maybe it might be good to give something a try?
Old 10-19-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are here and posting. Going to meetings and getting a sponsor sounds like a positive step. This can be the last time you have to go through this. Best wishes to you.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bryan654 View Post
Tonight I thought I would have one glass of wine, it turned into drinks with the guys then turned into cocaine and now I have not slept. I have no idea what I am going to do. I am going to go to a meeting, I think I need to start to go to meetings and get a sponsor. I am truly astounded how easy it was to talk myself into it and then how the exact same thing started to happen. I guess today is day 1 again, I dont know how i am going to do this.
goin to meetings, getting a sponsor and not drinking,using is good, but it doesn't treat alcoholism/addiction.theres action involved.

you can do it by making the decision that yer willing to go to any lengths for victory over alcohol/drugs, then put in the footwork.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've never liked the term "relapse." It sounds to me like you drank because you wanted to drink. Just like I've done countless times.

*Shrugs*
Old 10-19-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's ok- I've had lots of day 1's. Keep trying, and remember you learn something from every relapse. Keep on doing the next right thing, and I agree with going to meetings. I was just at one yesterday and a woman said "At first I tried to make myself not drink when I was coming to meetings, but that was just too hard. I decided that going was more important, so I came, drinking or not. Soon, I listened to others and it sunk in and the desire to drink was gradually lifted." I wish the same for you.