OT- stunning beauty

Old 10-18-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT- stunning beauty

it's 6:41pm here and the big gorgeous yellow full moon is just rising up through the trees on the far side of the lake. it glows as if it's translucent. heavy slow climb towards its apex. the moon, the impartial guardian of the night....rising to let us know that all is well in the Universe.

our view of the moon is new to us....this past summer our neighbor had a tree service come out and cut back all the low hanging branches from the numerous big trees in his yard, and came over and give some of ours a trim as well. clear away a few branches (big branches that landed with a thunk and a shudder. and our entire viewpoint changed. much like life eh? clear away the clutter and it's amazing what you've been missing!

earlier the fog was so thick we couldn't see our own dock, or even much of the back yard. so anyone who can....take a moment, go find the moon....and just witness her glowing rise into the night sky. and if you are thinking you really HAVE control over things? try to make it stop.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just walked the dog a little while ago and thought about how it looks like a moon out of a storybook!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LDT

I was just doing a few yoga moves out back in the awesome moonlight. And then I started making up a little moon song. . It's gorgeous out tonight.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Wish you had taken some pictures so I could live vicariously. No moon here. Too much overcast.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We drove home from dinner next town over and coming through the small mountains here the moon lit the entire sky...in an area that is very very dark at night. It was lovely and the man in the moon smiled down on us all the way and then as we drove along Georgian Bay the glow on the water reflecting the moon made me want to stop and just sit and watch the moon flirt with the bay.

One of my favourite poems by the great Sufi poet Rumi, is about a moon like this...

"Suddenly, in the sky at dawn, a moon appeared,
Descended from the sky
Turned its burning gaze on me,
Like a hawk during the hunt seizing a bird,
Grabbed me and flew with me high into heaven.
When I looked at myself, I could not see myself
For in this moon, my body, by grace, had become soul."
Old 10-18-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It touches my heart that we are thousands of miles apart and yet share the same moon beauty, the same awe at such a lovely sight.

Suki, I will share my moon with you until the clouds part.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

my camera does not take a decent night photo....ok maybe it's that i can't take a decent night photo with the camera. it would resemble a kindergarten crayon drawing. it's still there Suki, watching over you!

and Ann, yes how awesome that not matter the distance we all look up and see the same moon.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I went out into the dark back yard, looking up for the moon. No moon. I fell into a hole where a tree once was and twisted my ankle. Still no moon.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LDT

I have a picture of the moon on my iPhone but don't yet know how to post it here.....can email if anyone is interested.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

wow - now the fog has rolled back in - it makes the world disappear....comforting as our world pretty much ends about 20 feet from the doors and windows. can still see the moon on it's trajectory....it's now hazy with a big ring around it.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

when i think of all the people around the globe that look up into their sky and see the same moon i see, i hear lennon:

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one
Old 10-18-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I love this post. I went to a meeting tonight. Came home and wrote in my gratitude journal, sent my list to my miracle buddy then signed on here. This was the first thread I opened...I want to share one of the things I wrote that I was grateful for just moments before:

Today I am grateful for...really feeling the pull of the huge moon tonight. While I was driving I felt this strong sensation that God created this world, me, my son and our lessons. He will see me through this. Just like the moon he will light my path. I find this very comforting.

I also realized that a year ago I wouldn't have noticed. I was so lost in FOG that I might have taken a fleeting glance and for right back to trying to control outcomes. I'm so grateful we all got to see such a beautiful sight.