Notices

Bad Dreamz

Old 10-17-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad Dreamz

I had the worst dreams last night. The first started with me cheating on my wife and how terrible I felt about it and i couldn't get over the guilt. The worst one was me touring Paris and at the same time having violent seizures that seemed to last for ever and when I finally woke up I was balling my eyes out feeling that it was so real, it scared me badly. No one else was around so I do not know if I really was having a seizure or not. Is that possible? I am 28 days sober so I feel like I am past the withdrawal part. If was very terrifying to me and I feel like I need to take it very seriously and maybe consult with my doctor. Any one else have this sort of a dream early on in sobriety or at all?
Old 10-17-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I had lots of weird dreams in the first few weeks, some scary and some outright weird. I would think that at 4 weeks you should be out of the acute withdrawal period, but i'm certainly not a doctor and if you have even a slight concern that you might be having seizures I'd absolutely see a doctor as soon as possible.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i hate those dreams as well... i remember the relief that i got when i was finally able to fall asleep without sweating and shaking like a leaf in my initial recovery.

then the dreams came. they were so vivid, and real (although a lot of them didn't make any sense at all) that i honestly woke up more exhausted, feeling like i literally went through the whole experience and now i need a day of rest just to recover from the dream.

we are very interesting creatures
but after all, they are just dreams...