confused

Old 05-11-2002, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
catdogldy

Unhappy confused

Hi everybody; I'm glad you're here. I'm having a problem right now and I'm feeling pretty guilty. If you could help me sort this out I would sure appreciate it. I've been an active member of Al-Anon for about 7 years. My daughter got involved in drugs and I turned to you wonderful people for help. I was close to my sponsor who has moved away and I made some great friends. In the past year I have gone to very few meetings. It seems like life has just gone on and I have not needed that extra support, nor have I had the time. I have had some serious medical problems this year and I work 2 jobs so I haven't had a lot of time. I do feel guilty when I run into people I knew there, but I don't have all that time I used to have. Please tell me what you think...Is it OK to back away after 7 years? When is it OK to slow down? I thank you in advance for your responses. Zoe

Old 05-11-2002, 08:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi Zoe,
I don't have an answer to your question, but just wanted you to know that I'm here supporting you. I used to go to Adult Children of Alcoholics meetings years ago. I stopped going. I would like to go to alanon meetings now, but I too am so busy. I feel it would add more stress to my life. I'm happy with this board and feel that I get all the support I need right here.

MG

Old 05-11-2002, 08:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile

Hi Catdoglady!
Addicts recover without groups, with groups , in counseling and with combinations of these. There's no set formula for them.... why should there be for those that love them? What feels right probably is right.

Love,
Smoke
Old 05-12-2002, 03:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Smile

No need to feel guilty when you see someone from a meeting you used to attend...

Sometimes we need support more than others...there is no graduation day and no contracts to sign. I took a rest after several years of 3 meetings a week (the big crisis's were handled, I was feeling strong and we had moved). But recently I was feeling that nudge (maybe you are feeling that now) and when I ignored it I got slammed in the back of the head by my HP (she knew I wasn't listening to her whispers)and I went running back to meetings....and I was welcome. And I found this board...with 1 meeting a week and these wonderful people I am strong in my recovery once more. Listen to your heart and you will know when you need the support and when you can rest.

Peace,
JT

[This message has been edited by Just Tired (edited May 12, 2002).]
Old 05-12-2002, 04:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Zoe

I have to with whatever works for you. If you think going back to the meetings is going to help brink you a little extra peace than go back, you need to do whats right for you. If you feel you are doing okay with what you are doing now, then there is nothing wrong with that either. Remember, what is right for you!! That is the only thing that matters.

Take care.
Love,
Debbie