Notices

life insurance

Old 10-16-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

life insurance

found out today that i dont qualify for insurance due to my fatty liver and maybe alohol related.

so what do u do? i cant get rid of a fatty liver even if its due to diet or meds which im on. How do i get anything?

So what do i do if i want to leave money for my family?
Old 10-16-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Erratic, where do these thoughts come from?

Focus on LIFE and being sober, healthy and alive for your family!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Erratic, I think the legacy you can leave your family is your wisdom and lifelong lessons you've gained from your journey. Your family will be able to earn money themselves. Instead, focus on spending time with them and demonstrating the benefits of sobriety. What greater gift?
Old 10-16-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No half measures

Most health problems clear up once you've been sober for a while. All of my liver tests returned to normal in 3 to 6 months. A week is not enough time for your body to heal itself
Old 10-16-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thank u, i just felt a failer. I want my family to have something that they can pay.

Even its my funeral what i want, I owe to them.

sry my head is ****** up and all i want is them to have something i cant give.

Which is i have no control over my moods,im a emotiional mess and im hurting them.

I am trying my best but it seems my husband doesnt have the patience and i dont.

Having a mediem fatty liver disease is that came 4yrs ago, i have no clue how it has went futher or even its my alocohol. diet and meds can do this and that is the question the insurance asked. so i said yes is alcohol.

So me taking more tablets or what, how can i say its not damaging me and me taking more is is thats its helping?

my liver results have been raised but not a big amount. so im unsure if its my meds and alcohol is causing it to be raised as i know diet also causes fatty liver disease and that doesnt show up in blood tests. thats the thing, even with raised function or low it doesnt show fatty or anything like it. I have had one scan and was told they wont do another unless i stop.

fatty liver is that once its there u cant change it. I have had eating disorder since 13, i have meds and over doses and now on meds, so how do i explain it?

sry this is me ranting and really annoyed with myself and me needing to speak to a person who never phoned back.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your best option is to stay the course, Erratic. Drinking hasn't worked for you in the past so it probably won't work in the future. And the future is where we all will live, Erratic! Be here now and work towards the future. Your liver can improve a lot with good diet once you stop drinking.

You may want to research insurance more. I realize things are different in Europe than in America but generally here there are insurers for higher risk people. You may just have to dig deeper.

But focusing on staying sober will be the best thing you can do for your family and for yourself.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The best insurance you can get is to stop drinking. Being healthy and not drinking will improve your overall health and help you potentially live longer. It is also entirely possible to recover from fatty liver with the proper diet, exercise and abstinence from alcohol. Your doctor can give you the best recommendations for how to go about getting better, but of course the abstinence part rests squarely on your shoulders.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

chilllllll

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
fatty liver is that once its there u cant change it. .
Who told you that?
I had fatty liver...I got my cholesterol down, lost 60 lbs, started exercising, told my doctor FINALLY about my drug use...and my numbers came down.

I don't know you but your panic sounds like mine the other day about something that is unrelated to health or insurance but still, made me feel like a failure...

I was over analyzing, jumping to conclusion, fact blocking, being over emotional, catastrophizing....you name it. It took another addict to calm me down and point out the error of my ways. Let the adrenaline or whatever come down and think on this tomorrow....you aren't a failure. Lots of people have fatty liver...and from now on, don't volunteer info to insurance companies even if you feel you must. They are looking for reasons to EXCLUDE you from coverage not include you. You dropped big bomb reasons. Let them fish but don't volunteer....

and relax...

EASY DOES IT
Old 10-16-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know we're not allowed to give medical advice but here's a link to the NHS website about alcohol and liver disease.

Alcoholic liver disease - NHS Choices

Hopefully that should help you or at least give you a better understanding, as always if you have questions then ask your Doctor and if you're unsure of the answer then ask again until you're comfortable with the explanation.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Idea: stop drinking. Invest savings for family's future.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

exactly what hellomynameis had said... my journey from fat, drunk and very sick is quite similar.

fatty liver is that once its there u cant change it. .
the above is absolutely not true. i was diagnosed with a fatty liver.

after completely changing my life style... quitting drinking, becoming much more aware of the foods i eat (no more junk no processed crap and no sugar), only natural, healthy and organic (something that does not need a label of ingredients) and getting seriously into an exercise regiment i was "miraculously" cured.

mind you, it didn't happen overnight (because i ate an organic carrot)... i really did put a lot of effort into it.. and be sure that i had quite a few slip-ups and falls along the way, but as long as you set your mind on doing the right things your body has an amazing ability to heal itself. all you have to do is help it, rather than get in the way of it.

"let thy food be thy medicine, and thy medicine be thy food" -- Hippocrates