Notices

Day One (again) Feeling Physcally Rotten

Old 10-15-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day One (again) Feeling Physcally Rotten

I feel like crap right now, have all day. Sweaty, shaky and overall just wiped out. I also know that a couple of drinks would make me feel much better, physically. Working to stay busy to avoid making the run to the bar. Also want to thank all for the great reading material here.

Just gotta make it one hour at a time...
Old 10-15-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That was me yesterday. Feeling a little better today and sure to feel much better tomorrow. Hang in there.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Better. I'm sorry you're feeling miserable right now - but thankfully it's temporary.

I remember that horrible cycle. That's why I had to give up on the idea of controlling what I drank. Each time I picked up it turned into a nightmare. You're doing the right thing by distracting yourself. Soon you'll get past this awful time & be on your way to a better life. You'll be free.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry you are feeling this way, I think we have all been where you are now. The big thing is to make it through today, hour by hour if you have to, not picking up that drink.if you can do this then tomorrow you will begin to feel that little bit better. I could never ever moderate my drinking, every plan to have one or two always ended in complete and utter disaster. I wish you all the best, stay strong today.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi better sober,
Your AVatar is so true. Do you have a plan or program to stay sober? I tried so many times to quit/ moderate without success until I got here and got a program that was 2.5 years ago.

Caihong
Old 10-15-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'll tell you what was told to me: Forgive yourself, learn from it, and move forward again.