Talk to sons therapist first time

Old 10-15-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talk to sons therapist first time

Use got a call for this first time today from my sons therapist. He entered treatment late Friday night. She said he is doing great and being very open about his using. God I hope that's a sign he really wants the help and to live a sober life. He complains of muscle aching only which she explained is part of detox. She in the group meeting he participates a lot and his attitude is positive.

This is such great news as before treatment, with the altered mental state, (drugs) he was willing to go but said he was talking. My son not talk! Haha

I also spoke with his fire chief in depth last night and filled him about the moments leading up to rehab. I asked that when he come out of rehab if his brothers and sisters or the firehouse would except him and he said yes! He also stated my son called him a couple of weeks ago he was walking the a street in the rain crying so he went and picked him. I had know idea. Just the vision alone is a bough to make me burst into tears.

Everyday is getting easier for me to not feel guilty about taking him so far home or for the countless times I enabled him....basically was his dealer with giving him the money he ended because this person or that person was gonna get him....I call BS now... It was always about the next hit.

I can and will survive this, learn from, and move on with healing myself and my family.

Thank you all for reading and God Bless! 😘
Old 10-15-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

As another mother of an addict I know your pain and also your relief that he is now in rehab.

I pray that he is ready and this will be "the time" that he reaches out for the lifeline of recovery and hangs on tight.

Hugs