Notices

Needing some helpful wisdom

Old 10-13-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Needing some helpful wisdom

I am new to recovery, I was sober for about 7 years and about 4 years ago I started drinking again on and off, then for the last 2 years its been about every other day...... I can down a little over a 12pack of beer without even blinking an eye. Ive been lucky as far as health goes, I ended up in the emergency room a few times with bleeding etc, liver was always normal on all blood work as were kidneys. About a month ago I once again ended in hosp for blood pressure that was high and they thought it was my electrolytes. Again all blood work came back normal. My question is, (Im not asking for medical advise just some info from those who have had the same things happen) The last time I drank was wed night and the next morning my kidneys hurt and were sore when I touched my back. Has anyone ever experienced this after a night of drinking or am I the only one? Im going to go to the docs but it scared me enough to say NO MORE! Im just praying that I haven't damaged my kidneys over the past few years of abusing my body. I wish I would have found this site a long time ago but I guess I wasn't serious enough yet to look hard enough..... Im only 3 days sober but Im more determined than ever to stay sober and now I have somewhere to turn when I want to give in to the urge, I can come here and it will pass and another day sober will I be.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR wantingtobesober. It's great to have you join us. It's a relief to be able to share thoughts with people who really understand.

I was a 24/7 drinker by the time I finally quit. I didn't have kidney soreness, but everything else was aching and sore. We really beat ourselves up physically & I'm glad you decided you've had enough. Congratulations on your 3 days sober. We all get how hard it is in the beginning - but we're here to support you. Posting will help distract you & the days will add up. You're off to a great start.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You've come to a great place for support. We are here to help you in your sober journey. We understand.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks to both of you for the welcome message and support. I am so thankful to have found this site, and I an looking forward to a LOT of time here to type away the urge and meet some great people who understand what im going through.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome. This is a great place to turn for sober support. It's amazing how much better we feel when we lead a healthy life style....good for you for saying " NO MORE".
Old 10-13-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank u for ur post, i am day one, again... but posts like urs remind me that i am not alone and must sek stregnth and wisdom from the experiences of others... thank u, i am hoping for the same things u r seeking through this experience