Notices

First post coming 488 days late

Old 10-13-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First post coming 488 days late

This is my first post. 488 days sober, it's hard to believe! Some days I feel like I've kicked it, and others I feel like I'm getting too far ahead of myself. The thing is, I might be 488 days sober, but I will be fighting this for my entire life and that seems overwhelming. Just wanted to check in and see what this forum has to offer. I visit every now and then when I have the urge to drink and I must say, I am so grateful to be done with the early stages of recovery! It's rough, but it is possible.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey there. Congrats on your time. We are happy to have you here. I hope that you will continue to post and offer support on the forum. You have some experience and wisdom that we can all learn from
Old 10-13-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! Please do share your success story with us. In fact, there's a special forum for our stories of recovery.

I'm glad you joined the family.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome JOJO! Great job on your sober time. As you said - we must always be vigilant. You sound determined to stay the course. I think it'll help you to be here with us.

Joining SR really helped me because I had felt so alone with my struggles. When I found this community it was a huge relief - everyone understood and knew how to help. The support here is amazing. We're glad you decided to join us.