Ann

Old 05-11-2002, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Ann

I saw you turn the corner. Thought I'd say Hi. We keep missing each other. I almost bumped into you over there on the general recovery board. Did you see me? I waved.

MG

Old 05-11-2002, 10:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I just tapped you on the shoulder on the naranon board. Are you ignoring me?

[This message has been edited by Morning Glory (edited May 11, 2002).]

Old 05-11-2002, 11:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi MG

I must have had my head in the wormhole. Now we know who Bob is. I think he figured out that Agent MG checks EVERYONE out and Agent Ann AKA Ann is lurking not far behind, hiding behind the elephant (it can get stinky back there - a dirty job but someone has to do it).

I have had a bad day with my son - he's clean but still got that Bad Attitude and I am sick of it and won't participate. After a couple of one-way arguments (him with him) I came home to my sweet cat who ADORES me and never gives me attitude (at least not when I'm looking).

I was feeling angry, sad, you know.. and then I came to the boards and responded to a few newcomers and guess what!! I am back in my recovery again. Yeahh!

Tomorrow my nephew and another young friend of the family who is from El Salvador and has no family here, are coming to barbeque in the rain. My son is invited, thinks he may be able to make it (life's all about HIM today, he's in recovery donchuknow) and quite frankly, I don't care if he comes or not. I have learned that I prefer my peace without him more than chaos with him. So he can only come if he leaves his attitude somewhere else.

Look at me AGAIN - I'm going to get a new name here "Rambling Rose".

Anyway, I am so glad to bump into you today (and didn't even create a wormhole). You make me laugh when I need it most.

Hugs and Mother's Day Hugs

Ann AKA Ann AKA Big MAMA

Old 05-11-2002, 11:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

P.S. MG I failed the sanity test.

Hugs
Old 05-11-2002, 11:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Oh Ann,
Those sons of ours. I just don't know. I haven't heard from mine for awhile. I suppose he'll call and leave a message tomorrow. He called my mom to check on her a couple of days ago. I guess he's still kickin.

I just gave my 8 year old grandson a big hug and he told me I was squishing him like a bug. I said "I'm sorry, I just love you" He said "I love you too, but you're just taking it a little too far"

I guess the cuddling days are over. I'm sad about that. I'm going to turn into the grandma that he has to kiss now and then and get it over with as soon as possible. But he chose to come over here today instead of go boating with his parents. All is not lost.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow and pat yourself on the back for being such a wonderful, loving, caring mother.

Hugs,
MG

Old 05-11-2002, 11:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

P.S. I failed it too. I think that's a good thing.

Old 05-11-2002, 11:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Here it is, if anyone else wants to try.
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/slp29/insane.html

Old 05-11-2002, 11:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Dear Grandma Glory

I love your grandson, what a sweetheart. My 2 litte great nephew's are coming (4 and 6) and I love to kiss them on the forehead with my lipstick on and watch them react. (My Aunt Ada used to do that to me). It's hilarious.

Thank God we don't have to depend on our sons for our happiness anymore. Imagine thinking they can behave like such poops and then wish us "Happy Mother's Day' and think that cuts it. I still do envy June Cleaver but, hell, she didn't have a computer.

Happy Mother's Day.

Hugs
Old 05-11-2002, 12:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Nice to run into you two...sorry you are having a bad time Ann...isn't it great how when you give back you get so much in return!

Like I said over on the other board...I have my Al Anon muscles back...I am feeling very invincible today. Even after the realization that my son IS using drugs. Not a pretty life he is leading, but it is all his. I did go over and read some of the stuff on that other site, Ann,...alot of things from past interactions are making more sense. Thanks. I am sure I will cry at some point...probably brought on by a dip in my estrogen level... . My HP is a gentle sort...she waits until I am wearing a helmit to drop a bomb. Only as much as I can handle..right?

And MG...how ARE you? You are a very brave lady and a woman of strength (as a previous post says). What an awful thing to go through, all of it, past and present. Do you have any idea how proud I am of you? You have come oh so far in such a short time!

Have I told you..I have a 4 year old grandson, too and he lights up my life! We just got him a car to drive around the yard (no..not a REAL one). Such a blessing...and his mother (my son and her never married and they are not together) lets us see him whenever we want...she has become almost like a daughter.

So if I don't "see" you tomorrow have a wonderful Mother's Day..both of you.. and Washbe and all the other mothers out there.

Love and many hugs,
Paula aka JT aka Just Tired
Old 05-11-2002, 12:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Let It Be Known - My Proclamation

I have given it due thought (without obsessing), I have window shopped, considered the price and value, I have compared it to others just like it..and let it be known...I have decided NOT to take ownership of a BAD TIME at this moment. Just don't have room in my closet for another
one and I like my old bunny slippers of recovery better.

No, I know it will be in the window waiting for me some other day and I may reconsider...but today and tomorrow...I'M JUST NOT BUYING!!!!There has been a "special" on BAD DAYS this week, and I plan to try another store - the one that sells friendship, fellowship, and nets and skillets.

Happy Mother's Day, Just Tired, Washbe, MG, June Cleaver, Margaret Anderson, Moms Mobley,
and every sweet Mother. We can all have a good day and not feel guilty.

Hugs (you guys are the greatest)

Ann AKA Havin' A Good Day Mama
Old 05-11-2002, 12:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

LOL LOL LOL

JT aka Just Tired aka Paula...and now... Taaaaa Daaaaaa....aka June Cleaver

ps...was the Beav ever in Canada?? (and how was it spelled?)

[This message has been edited by Just Tired (edited May 11, 2002).]
Old 05-11-2002, 12:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

JT

I'm laughing so hard...not only was "Leave It To Beaver" on here (it still is in reruns), but ...get this..the beaver is Ontario's "provincial" animal, appearing on our nickles. The only place I DON'T see a "Beaver" is in my living room. I guess the elephant is taking all the space.

This turned out to be a fun post. Thanks MG.

Love and Hugs

Ann AKA Roseanne (another fun mom)
Old 05-11-2002, 01:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

You guys are so great. I just love you all. My son has a little girl. She lives in Louisianna (don't know how to spell that) I had to rescue her from my son when she was born and sent her to that state. I haven't seen her since she was born. She is 5 years old now and has a little accent like her wonderful mother. We keep in touch and I send presents.
I think everyone has the Mother's Day blues. But thank God our sons are alive. So many have been lost. Where there's life, there's realistic hope.
You keep me going. My grandson used up my memory playing games and I couldn't get on the board. I thought the site went down and panic set in. I was thinking that we need a backup plan in case something happens. I'll look for one. There I go again, kicking into survival mode.
I'll be working on a Mother's Day card for everyone. This should be fun.
You guys are the greatest.
Hug those little ones all you can, cause when they're 8 they won't want it anymore, so they say. I don't believe him of course.

MG