Notices

Withdrawal Different for Binge Drinkers??

Old 10-13-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawal Different for Binge Drinkers??

I spent the whole summer drinking only on the weekends. I guess that qualifies me as more of a binge drinker. I have been drinking pretty regularly for most of my adult life other than when I was pregnant with my four children. (I am in my early 40s) That being said, I am surprised at how lousy I still feel (I am on Day 14, finishing up my second weekend) since I had really tapered my drinking over the summer. My sleep is still quite disturbed (I dream about alcohol every single night), I am having digestion issues and I am irritable as hell. In short, I feel a lot worse than I did when I was still drinking on the weekends. I quit completely because the idea that moderation was so exhausting/mind consuming rang true to me, but I feel more exhausted and obsessed than ever! Insights??
Old 10-13-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Double Dragons,

Congratulations on 2 weeks I was also a binge drinker. Withdrawal that I noticed was dreams (very strange and not fun. I often dreamt that I was at a social function and being offered alcohol. I didn't want to drink. Then I would wake up in the dream with no memory of what had happened and people would tell me I had blacked out and done all sorts of humiliating things.), my skin broke out, and I was depressed, irritable, crying, a big fun mess who often needed a hug. I was also hungry all the time, lol.

I don't know if you are going to AA or anything like that, but the obsession can and will be lifted

Good luck!