Notices

Hi :o)

Old 10-11-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi :o)

Hi, um sorry I’m not sure where to start on this site; this is a site I was referred/recommended by from another forum, the first I started on. They have been very helpful there and continue to be as they have been a huge help in just 2/3 days! Only thing is, there are more recovering alcoholics on the site so they said to try here too as it has more on information on heroin recovery ect. I erm, so yeah anyway I am 3 days into my ‘research’ I guess, well, to get my life on track. It’s not even to get it ‘back on track’ as I don’t think I’ve ever been on track? So confusing! To be as brief as I can, I have used drugs (of all types) since my teens, the past 5 or 6 years though I have been trapped by heroin and the only time I was prescribed a meth script was after I overdosed 2years ago. I don’t know how much I should say really but, well I suspected infections on my arms these past weeks and it’s prompted me/scared me; *whatever* into getting clean. I know I’m not at all in a good state as I’m not feeling right at all no matter how much I inject so it’s freaking me out. I join this other site and they advised/encouraged me. I fear they may not understand my addiction though as they admitted to know more about alcoholism but they were helpful anyway. I went to A&E last night to sort the infections out because I could be at risk of amputation? No idea but when I went they said that I’ll need to be on a course of antibiotics before they can assess the full extent of the damage but need to come off the heroin first? Catch 22? I’m left with bandages and antiseptic gel which hurts to hell to put on but it has to be done I guess. I fear I may be rambling on a bit here, sorry. Just that’s where I am now. I feel as though I’m slowly building a plan to start recovery but I feel lost at the minute, I guess it has only been a few days. Just I have given myself a deadline for Christmas is all so that for the first time in 12 years I can spend it with family, I do drop gifts at their door and give a quick wave but I’m not welcome in and I understand that but if I can do this then maybe I will be allowed and I can prove I’ve changed? I did consider going cold turkey but that may be too much as I tried that a couple of days ago and the first stretch without heroin was 6 hours then the second time I only managed 4 hours. I’m going to the doctor now via a referral from A&E; my landlord is coming with me for moral support (weird I know but he seems to have taken me under his wing a bit, no idea why – I work at his shop sometimes stacking shelves). I don’t know if this will come of anything but I’m trying I guess…So yes moan over he he, Jake
Old 10-11-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There are all types of newcomers on this site to encourage you. All types of addictions and at various stages of recovery. I think you are on the right site!!! I don't have experience with heroin but I assure you someone here does. I'm glad you're here and look forward to hearing about your journey. We all just want to get better and you will see that everyone has their own ways of encouraging you. Sometimes their advice that is comforting, sometimes a kick in the ass, sometimes just.... With you. Good luck, my friend. Peace be with you.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Jake.

Welcome to SR!

Newcomers is a fine place to start posting)

There's also a thread for those who are recovering from substance/drug addiction. I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful info and support there.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I have no experience related to drugs, but I believe it's better to consult a doc before going cold turkey.

Keep posting and take care of yourself.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Jake, you will find lots of support here. Glad you have joined us.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thankyou midnightblue and Jackie, I'm overwhelmed with the kind people around these days! Either that I must have been hanging around with some pretty horrid crowds for far too long! :-O ill try and keep and in control, I feel more determined this time and posting here should keep my mind on track, a but like a diary I guess thank you again!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thankyou : )
Old 10-17-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This place is great, I've met so many people already and all with such insight, nice to feel im not alone!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just saying tehe
Old 10-17-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Absolutely, MrWotsit.

The most supportive and non-judgemental place I've ever come across).

Glad you like it here)