Notices

I'm new here

Old 10-10-2013, 09:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm new here

Hi!

I'm new here. I hope this will finally be what I need to get me sober. Freedom is worth the pain right? I am more than a number, right?
Old 10-10-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

For myself, the pain was continuing to try to moderate my drinking, trying to believe my lies to myself, how my drunk ass behavior hurt anyone I was near....that was MY pain. Discovering MY Joy, on my path of Sobriety....I do that by being active in AA, and by coming here to SR nightly. I'm not alone, I'm not a number and I don't believe you are either. Bobbi
Old 10-10-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

P.S. I've been having trouble figuring out these smiley things. A few minutes ago I ask for help in another Forum. I meant to us the smiley WELCOME.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome, 575!

Please excuse Bobbi's incorrect smiley...

It was a bit of a pain to get sober, but less of a pain than continuing to drink.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! It took forever for me to figure out the different forums, much less the smilies People were awesome, though...made me feel welcome and gave me hints and cues aong the way on how to navigate around here.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-11-2013, 12:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome 575, there is lots of support here. Freedom is one of the many joys of sobriety for me. Glad you have joined us.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 575 View Post
Hi! I'm new here. I hope this will finally be what I need to get me sober. Freedom is worth the pain right? I am more than a number, right?
You are all you have you are all you need. You just need to look close enough to see. Freedom is so worth it - and the pain is only temporary and it will only last for a while - compare that to the pain of drinking every day till you die or are forced to stop and I think you have your answer.

If you want to be a number - make sure it's number 1. Always. Your worthy of a good happy life - believe in yourself.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Have you got a plan to stay away from drink?

I say 'plan' but it can be as simple as deciding that you no longer drink and will never change your mind or it can be something like AA or therapy - if you've not spoke to a doctor do you think it's something you could do? I know it helps a lot of us cement our decision and also sometimes medication is needed or helps you get through the initial months. I hope you do this. You can do this.