Notices

In hospital...

Old 10-10-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

In hospital...

So iam sitting in hospital with I think a broken ankle foot or something I was drinkng on Wednesday night had an argument with my ex the police called so I left I spent the night in my half finished property living in a building site I woke up after yet another disaster got a cab back to find I was locked out.. I saw the police freaked out and jumped a fence and now 12 hours later iam in a & e hungover and in bad pain.. My life has slowly unraveled in the last 3 months every drink taking me closer to my demise..

I know the end is coming alcohol has got it claws so deeply into me I feel I will never escape except this one little voice in the back of my head telling me I can beat it Maybe it's goods grace.. But I know going to aa and drinking the day after is not helping.. Iam going to do 90 in 90 whilst iam recovering.. I pry to god I can overcome this like so many of you great people!! Wish me luck.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you are forming a plan, and listen to that little voice...it's right, you can beat this!

Be well!!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That voice is youre soul , listen to it good luck
Old 10-10-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Lion, there is no doubt you can rise above all this mess and start over. You can get free. Please never give up on yourself.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bradley26 View Post
That voice is youre soul , listen to it good luck
Nonsense, a soul doesn't exist. It only takes a good look at oneself to see that.

Sorry, but I hate it for people to get on a path that is based on the voice of the soul. It might as well be a random message generated by a computer.

Instead, listen to common sense.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hopeful

Best of luck to you and yes, listen to that voice in your head and you will get through this
Old 10-10-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by james872 View Post
Nonsense, a soul doesn't exist. It only takes a good look at oneself to see that.

Sorry, but I hate it for people to get on a path that is based on the voice of the soul. It might as well be a random message generated by a computer.

How about we don't worry about what works for other people and stick to giving advice about what works for us, rather than put down ways our compatriots find sobriety.

I hope this sorts out for you, Lion. You and the daughter you've mentioned previously deserve it.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by james872 View Post

Easy now with the condemnation. It's up for the original poster to take the suggestions to heart or discard them. The reply by Bradley, whether one agrees or not, was given in support of Lionhearted, who has struggled mightily.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That voice is the real you. Listen to it!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

The Newcomers Forum is a safe and welcoming place for newcomers. Respect is essential. Debates over Recovery Methods are not allowed on the Newcomer's Forum. Posts that violate this rule will be removed without notice. (Support and experience only please.)

Lion, I hope you make the decision to stop drinking and to find peace in your life.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Lion;
I heard that voice too and listened and it helped me turn my life totally around for the better. You can do anything you choose to do--without a doubt and we'll be cheering you on.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Im sorry lionhearted maybe soul wasnt the right word, its just the word i use for when i feel something deep inside, For example sometimes my head tells me to drink and that it will will be different this time , where as my heart and soul says stay away and cries for peace. I dont post alot so so sorry if my terminology is wrong , hope i didnt offended anyone.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bradley26 View Post
Im sorry lionhearted maybe soul wasnt the right word, its just the word i use for when i feel something deep inside, For example sometimes my head tells me to drink and that it will will be different this time , where as my heart and soul says stay away and cries for peace. I dont post alot so so sorry if my terminology is wrong , hope i didnt offended anyone.
You didn't offend anyone.

I really appreciate this sentiment - especially the desire for peace. If there's any lie that booze tells us, it's that there's peace in the bottom of the bottle - nothing could be further from the truth.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

I like the way you put it my soul wants peace!
Old 10-10-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

God bless and keep you safe Lion...
Old 10-10-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I screwed up, I'm sorry. I sincerely apologize.

I'm in a difficult situation right now and I posted something stupid. Sorry.

And I was wrong. I cannot prove nor disprove the existence of a soul. I just lashed out because of the emotions.

I am terribly sorry. It was not something I would normally do on several levels. My apologies.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Maybe this is the wakeup call you need. Being a drunk is serious business, and it can lead to a bad end. Glad you're trying to get sober, I know you can do it!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hope you heal, find your health and have some beauty in your life!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Absolutely you can do this! Some of the most inspiring stories here on SR are from those who have slipped many times and refused to give up. They've tried over and over again until they have got it.

One of my great friends on SR, Leemzer, has just achieved 1 year of sobriety (yay Lee!). He struggled for a long time and just kept right on coming back here until it fell into place.

Have faith, give it everything you've got, and stay close to us. You can do this.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Best of luck to you, Lion!

I think it's a good sign that you've come back here posting. You are not giving up, and you can beat this addiction.

Keep fighting!

And take care of yourself.