Notices

End of the day

Old 10-10-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

End of the day

I'm sitting here with my laptop on my lap. They really shouldn't calls these things laptops anymore, on your lap they overheat. My notebook, whatever.

I'm at my parents' place. They have been looking over my shoulder at this forum and like it.

My mom is the sweetest mom ever to exist. She came along with soup, talked with me, and is a true mom.

My dad is also the ultimate dad. He doesn't take **** from anyone. He was on the phone with a doctor who didn't agree that my situation was bad. 5 minutes in, the doc was whimpering, apologizing and at our place in 10 minutes. My dad decided a doc should look at me. The doc disagreed. Now he's done every test he can do. Fortunately I'm fine.

Dad doesn't give a ****. At all. Ever. He does not get embarrassed. If you call him an *******, he has not even a hint of a feeling about it. He just agrees or disagrees.

One of those natural leaders that are very rare.

How wonderful my mom is can't be put into words.

The online help thing was a joke. So now we're looking into real treatment options. It will probably be in my country because when it comes to health care, they rank very well. There are some foreign alternatives, just in case.

I can't drink here and they won't let me leave. We agreed on that. It feels weird to not have a wallet, but it's good for me. They have my money.

I'm sober. I will not be able to go anywhere before I get the appropriate help. I have been cut off from alcohol.

And it feels good. Tomorrow we're going to make some calls to clinics. If they get difficult about anything, my dad will talk to them and they will shrivel up and say "Yes sir".

It's not bragging. Just a quality I admire. I've seen him do this hundreds and hundreds of times. He gets things done.

Anyway, time for me to sleep. Tomorrow officially is day 1 since I drank today. Looking forward to it.

J.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Be well, James. Glad u made it to mom and dads safely.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Umm! Good luck to you..your lucky to have very supportive parents, with money. My parents have money but got sick of me, paying my detox bills, etc..Cut me off! James, please take advantage of you're position and work hard to stay sober this time!! You are a grownup, become one!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are so lucky to have awesome, supportive parents! I wish you the best of luck on your road to recovery. You CAN do it!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hopeful

That is so nice that you have such supportive parents...it's nice to know that they care and are willing to stick with you through your sobriety... you will get through it one day at a time....Best of luck to you