Notices

Starting from the beginning...

Old 10-09-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting from the beginning...

I've been here before and can't believe I'm back. Day 1! After trying to manage my drinking, I've realized that I just can't ever touch a single drop of alcohol ever again. A few drinks on Saturday turned into 3 days of chaos.

What's the plan this time? Go to meetings and actually do the steps. Also, I'm going to therapy weekly and am looking into some outpatient programs. If anyone has links to good outpatient programs in Denver, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I hope you all stay well and sober. We deserve it!

DNVR
Old 10-09-2013, 08:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi DNVR! Welcome and hugs.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

DNVR, I don't live Denver, can't help you on the recommendation. Just wanted to say Welcome Back!! . Bobbi
Old 10-09-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you just described my last weekend DNVR. one weekend of "manageable" drinking turned into a four day tear and now i'm 24 hrs sober and miserable but feeling better. I just want the sleep to come so i don't have to feel the anxiety anymore. I have a huge support group, great family, caring friends. My roommates poured out the remaining booze in the house with me and went and got me gatorade and soup and they've been amazing, i can't help but think they hate my ass but they kept going on that i'm a good guy with a terrible monkey on his back. i want to stay the sober course this time. there is no in between for me, I know that now. good luck to you DNVR
Old 10-09-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back DNVR
I hope you can make this time your time

D
Old 10-10-2013, 12:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DNVR View Post
I've been here before and can't believe I'm back. Day 1! After trying to manage my drinking, I've realized that I just can't ever touch a single drop of alcohol ever again. A few drinks on Saturday turned into 3 days of chaos.

What's the plan this time? Go to meetings and actually do the steps. Also, I'm going to therapy weekly and am looking into some outpatient programs. If anyone has links to good outpatient programs in Denver, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I hope you all stay well and sober. We deserve it!

DNVR
Keep at DNVR. I was in the same place 10 weeks ago, I recommitted and have managed to make it work so far. You can do the same.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

hey I am in a similar situation also

keep fighting the good fight.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep it simple? Don't drink today, one day at a time. It is a cliché but it can be surprisingly effective!
Old 10-10-2013, 12:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am sure you really want to do this. Have you thought about why you drank. Did you have a trigger point that you can recognise again in the future. If you realise now that moderation just does not work then maybe this has been a positive thing in the long run.best of luck.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am more or less in the same place. I have been to many AA meetings in the past but I haven't been able to sustain my sobriety for any length of time. I really want to stay sober today and through the weekend for a host of really good reasons. I think I'll try to go to an AA meeting near here at lunchtime.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I went to every meeting I could - actually I still do. In my town that was four a week and I also meet AA members between meetings, got some phone numbers and all that. Drive out the booze and let the non-drinking world in is the way I did it!
Old 10-10-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! I'm glad you're back giving it another go.