Notices

9 months tomorrow :)

Old 10-07-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool 9 months tomorrow :)

Tomorrow will be my ninth month without a sip of alcohol. I'm looking a lot healthier and am slowly recovering. The first few months were the toughest and i struggled daily with high anxiety and depression. My head still isn't 100% but I have come to terms with this staying sober lark and am taking supplements daily to help with anxiety. I bought L-lysine and L-arginine in a local health shop (supposedly there was tests done proving the combination of these two food supplements helps with anxiety) and also have been taking l-tyrosine another food supplement which has an almost calming affect and helps with anxiety and depression. If your really caught up in anxiety daily give these supplements a try. I personally have found they help take the edge of things and my skin looks great. However i'd be lieing if i said i was feeling 100%. My mood is still fragile and i often find myself getting caught up in emotions. I can feel paranoid at time aswel, as if everybodys talking about me, and i feel as if everybody hates me... this is probably due to my low self esteem. My next goal is gona be to find a positive outlet for my built up frustration and i plan and getting in contact with a therapist as talking about stuff cant do any harm.
When I first gave up drinking I thought Id immediately get better but i feel as if i have a lot of emotional development to catch up on and issues i need to face and accept. By the way im only 22 yo and look about 17 which i feel has had a great effect on my self esteem and confidence. Luckily i still have a lot of growing up to do and I plan on doing it sober thanks for reading
Old 10-07-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good on you! 9 months is awesome! I've learned that recovery is a slow and steady process. It's nice to hear that you are taking care of yourself.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks pippo rossi, yeah it takes time but glad ive lasted this long, things can only get better, slowly but surely getting there
Old 10-07-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on nine months sober!! Fantastic!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 9 months sober!. That is brilliant.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Realising my life

9 months is fabulous, drydude - and I'm sure that things WILL get better
Old 10-07-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey congrats on 9 months DD - good going

D
Old 10-07-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on the nine month stretch! I know how you feel- it feels great doesn't it!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats!
Don't feel alone, it took me about the same time to really feel progress, and years two and three were progressively better too.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations!

That's fantastic!

And good for you for getting ready to work on the emotional aspect...that takes a lot of strength. You will rock this!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support, even though I should be happy my mood was down today for some reason. picked up a bit now though
Old 10-08-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Itchy, i heard somewhere that PAWS can last up to 2 years, maybe thats what im experiencing... how long are you sober now if you dont mind me asking, i have a few questions :p
Old 10-08-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats on 9 months. I am sure that those Amino Acids are helping. Keep walking forward.