Finally got the divorce from AH....

Old 10-06-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally got the divorce from AH....

I finally got my AH to agree to a divorce and agree to my desired stipulations. I agreed to take less in child support if he agreed not to take the children overnight. It of course is my biggest fear that he will be too drunk to care for them properly overnight. (They are 5 yrs old and 2 years old).
He keeps insurance on them, I am responsible for the medical bills, unless he fails to keep insurance on them, then it's 50/50. I claim one child every year, and both every other year on taxes. Split physical belongings and all that, and provided for visitation, etc.
He is being decent about the whole thing right now, but we will see if that lasts. Went before the judge on Thursday and it is a done deal. I can't say I'm happy, but definitely hopeful for a bit more peace in my life.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Onefoot,
I just wanted to tell you how courageous you are after I read through your posts from the last year. I feel like I am in the same place you were when you first started posting. I'm sure that you will find peace now.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you OneFoot - I remember the custody crap with my ex and I'm very grateful that he isn't my qualifier. If I end up leaving my AH, at least there aren't kids involved. It sounds like you did what is best for your kids, good for you.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done, Onefootoutdoor. I know it isn't completely satisfying when we finally finish with the divorce process, but it sounds like you made significant strides toward being free from your A in many ways. I'm sure that will result in greater peace and stability for you and your kids. That will bring its own satisfaction in time.

Best,
Fathom
Old 10-07-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm always sad when a family comes to this, but I am hopeful for a bright and peaceful and joyful future for you and those precious children!!! Please take good care!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just read a bit of your story, good work on moving forward for you and your children. I filed a few months ago, so while hopefully quicker, interesting to me to see your about a year timeline.
I have a 3 year old, and also would like to avoid overnights with AH. Can you share (or PM, i'll have to figure that out) more details like when he will visit/see the children? I don't have the money option to negotiate (I make more than him, so he may fight for more custody to get more $$). also, per another thread I made, did you have to show proof to court of his drinking/alcoholism? Thanks for any insight and again while it is sad I can't help saying I feel that a congrats is in order for you. Hard work but looks like you pushed through.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Peacesoul, I sent you a PM.