Poem #2, from my brother in prison

Old 10-06-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Poem #2, from my brother in prison

Here is another poem by my brother. This one is about his drug use/lifestyle. FYI: he is in prison & is a crystal meth addict. Please let me know what you think & if you find it helpful. He has agreed to let me post his work online in hopes that it might be helpful to someone somewhere.

I am the son who stomped his mommas pride more than you could ever know
Below the belt with a blow, with every lie that I told
Momma that's the last time, and she would say baby I know
Pick me up, dust me off, still holding out hope that a rerun won't unfold
I'm crazy lost without her, but while here I beat her down with every choice that was paid
Not literally cuz every cent I've touched whether mine or not, I've spend without a penny saved
Now I see my self-abandonment affected more than me, It put my mom in an early grave
I love you baby, what are you doing, This isn't the life I have in view for you
I prayed to God that all the pain in you & K***'s life I already went through so you guys wouldn't have to
My beautiful baby sis held us all together which wasn't simple to do, she was our only un-dysfunctional glue
My self-destruction mixed with our moms enabling, Life changing tactics drove my sister coo-coo
Baby girl I'm sorry and I know she is too, for you was so focused while we were so profound
And momma I wish I could take back and reverse all the memories I murdered while you was still around
I know you wanted me to stand up and be a man
While I hid behind my emotional make up and just clowned
Momma I promise I'm going to change who I am as long as my heart still pounds, to make up for the shame I brought prior to you being left behind

I tried my best with the format but I don't think is how he would have layed it out. A little history: My brother & I lost our mother 3 1/2 yrs. ago while he was in prison the 1st time. They didn't let him out to go to her funeral.

Thank you for reading & please comment. I am mailing him any positive comments received.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I hope he keeps going with this talent. I'm glad you shared his work with us. I'm sorry for the pain your family has endured.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This was very moving, and the pain and sadness come through. Im sorry for the loss of your mother. Ive never had a loved one in jail, and I cant imagine how hard that must have been for your brother not to be able to attend the funeral. Im sure it was hard for you too, not having his support. I believe when people pass on, they still look out for us from above, they still live on through us.

It sounds like you and your brother still share a special relationship, and I think it is wonderful that you are supporting him. I wish you both the best, and now I have to go look up poem #1, I haven't seen that one yet.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you lost your Mom.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting. I hope you brother is on the road to recovery.