Notices

Finally going home.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally going home.

Finally going back to home to Utah this Monday. What a nightmare. Have my plan on detox and rehab. Now Dads sister is so sick. Not going to make it. Mom thinks he can't make it cross country by himself I'll be there for Dad. But don't know how the sobriety plan is going to land.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Finally going back to home to Utah this Monday. What a nightmare. Have my plan on detox and rehab. Now Dads sister is so sick. Not going to make it. Mom thinks he can't make it cross country by himself I'll be there for Dad. But don't know how the sobriety plan is going to land.
It'll land the way it's supposed to. Sober or not, you'll do the right thing. Just trust to that my dear.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry your dad's sister is sick but maybe you need to consider your own sickness first

We can't really help others till we first help ourselves.

There will always be a life event/issue/family problem that means you keep putting off rehab. Sometimes you've just got to take the step and just do it. Tomorrow never comes
Old 10-06-2013, 12:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with RAL on this one raider.
Put yourself first, for once.

D
Old 10-06-2013, 01:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hun, if you were laid up in hospital with a broken leg or appendicitis or something, they would have to cope without you and this is no less of an illness.

Whatever happens / you decide to do, doing it sober is going to help more people, than them being surrounded by someone drinking

Love n hugs to ya x
Old 10-06-2013, 01:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Will your Mom be going with him? If your Aunt is not expected to make it, and you might have to leave a facility because of it, then, and only then, should you consider delaying.

If you can get yourself to detox and rehab, go...GO!
You seem to want sobriety so much but you are struggling against is so hard that I honestly believe that a professional setting is crucial for you. I think that sobriety is waiting for you, but you must surrender completely to it. You owe it to yourself to get help.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Take care of yourself first. You can't take care of anyone else if you're in bad shape yourself.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You may just be more sick!?!?
Old 10-06-2013, 02:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Raider, I am a newcomer and just 3 days sober. I have spent today reading your posts. You sound like a lovely lady and a strong person. I wish you all the very best.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

For me Raider sobriety comes before everything else . It is the foundation pad stone upon which everything else in my life is built .

People can and will manage without you , be aware you are making a choice here . I can't tell you what to do but be aware of how alcohol and AV's like to corral us into certain paths of action and make our lives unmanageable .

Bestwishes, m
Old 10-06-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Raider I'm sorry about your aunt but you need to put your sobriety first. The best gift you can give your father is a reliable daughter who is completely sober.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Dear Raider, The circle of life. I'm sorry to here of your aunts imminent condition, your illness is serious too. You made a plan, go thru with it, like the others have said, this is what your Aunt and dad would want you to do. God bless and will send a prayer for peace for you and your family! From your other SR family, TF
Old 10-06-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that. Still I think that getting sober is the most important thing for you. If you put off rehab to be with your family, that would be understandable. But would you really be there for them, with all this stress about alcohol going on?

Maybe it's better to go to rehab first, get clean and then you can be there for them completely.

What I would do is to discuss this with them. Tell them why you are doing what you choose to do and that it's with their well-being in mind as well. In the long run, the sober you will be able to support your family on all sorts of matters much better. And in the good times, you'll be a better influence as well.

If at all possible, put your sobriety first. It's an investment that will pay of in the long run.

Sending you love and strength!
Old 10-06-2013, 05:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Glad that you have a plan for detox and rehab, Raider. Please don't delay it. Put yourself first now and you'll be in a better position to help your family just a little later down the line.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
But don't know how the sobriety plan is going to land.
You will always find a reason to keep drinking if you try Raider. Not to minimize your family health issues, but you have some pretty immediate needs yourself. We can't make you help yourself of course, but we can hope you do, which I do.