Notices

bummed

Old 10-05-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question bummed

So I was sober 5 years, until my dog got perscribed Tramadol. He hasnt had one and is ment to have 9 a day. So I take about 16 , and the ones I later ordered off the internet, for way too much money and God knows what they really are. I don't even really get high off them,I mean once or twice I hit a good spot , but mostly just naushious none the less I need to quit, it's been a year and I love my life. I didnt take any one day and I was soooooooo sick, opiate withdraw city. Im going to try to cold turkey it tommorrow and play off I have the flu? I guess. I ca't put my family through this again.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Ready Glad you are here. What were you using to stay clean before? Did you have a support network? More to the point how's your dog doing...? x
Old 10-05-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He's ok, limps once in a while. Im an ahole.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have everything I need to stay sober, exept the staying sober
Old 10-06-2013, 12:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Then you can't have everything you need yet... Do you know why you decided to start taking the tramadol?
Old 10-06-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm going to be a bit more stern than I usually am. Taking pain medication your innocent animal needs to be comfortable is worse than just relapsing. If you can't control your addiction then you absolutely must find a home for your dog where it can get the care and medication it needs.

Opiate withdrawal is rough, but if you want sobriety, you can do this. Can you get into a rehab, or if more, what about suboxone or methadone? I'm sorry to come down so hard on you, but I'm an animal lover and I very protective of animals.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My dog is my baby. He sleepx with me everynight. He runs like a show dog, then limps for a few hours. Hes NEVER whined ,just see the limp here and there. He has a better life than any other dog I know, thats a fact. But thanks for llooking out for him. How do you get suboxone?
Old 10-06-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Go to the Doctor. I don't think vets prescribe it.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Don't go looking for suboxone; I know too many people who stay on them for years and the doctors make $$$.

See the vet and get another prescription for the dog and for you: opiate withdrawal is not as bad as they say. 5-day flu with 3-4 being the worst. Go for it for both of you.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks longbeachone. youre a peach . I mean clearly you only hurt yourself with your addiction. Pardon me if my spoiled , gets his own cake twice a year and eats homemade hamburger and rice food, even ras its a boatload as hes 130 #, isnt quite on the things im worried about right now. Go to the humane society and walk a dog, if you want to help. I did for 300 plus hours. Sheesh
Old 10-06-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I've hurt your feelings, and I'm sorry. We spoil our two dogs horribly too. But your post was kind of like hearing "I take my child's pain medication because I'm an addict, but it's okay because I spoil them rotten, and I think that they can stand the pain anyway". You see the craziness, right?

I agree with the poster on suboxone, you'll end up on the stuff forever, and its crazy expensive. I've heard that withdrawal from both suboxone and methadone is very hard, possibly worse than opiate withdrawal. I'd go over to Bluelight.com (a website for addicts) and check out the posts from the people who have experience with opiate withdrawal. I've heard that there are OTC meds that will get you through the worst of it. You may not be symptom free, but it will help. I wish you only good luck.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I know its not right, but thats not something I can do anything about right this minute, it's not ok but its part of being a douchey addict. People rob from their familys, steal grandparents medication, and yes their own childrens. Im not saying . Its ok..
Old 10-06-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That dog was the only thing that kept me alive durning my 1st recovery. Im aware im a douchtard.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ready01 View Post
That dog was the only thing that kept me alive durning my 1st recovery. Im aware im a douchtard.
I get it. So, you've gone through recovery before. You know you can do it. The first thing you should do is get a different pain med for your dog..one that won't do anything for you. Toss the last of his pain meds.

Any veterinarians out there who know of one?

We put my 17 year old dog on glucosamine chondroiton and he turned into a young dog again. Takes it every day like vitamins. Then get your plan of recovery together. Like I said before, you did it before, you can do it again. Relapse happens all the time, you are certainly not alone. If you like working and voluntering with animals, go do a bunch of it. You know the drill.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dont get on suboxone made that mistake shouldve justcold turkey from pills but thankfully i got off the suboxone almost 2 weeks clean suboxone sucks