Everyone cheats and lies unless you're a doormat...

Old 10-04-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Everyone cheats and lies unless you're a doormat...

...At least that's what I hear from AH.

Just a quick vent. I know not to engage, I know to detach, I know to just go do my thing and let his words pass over my head.

So if you don't mind a quick vent..

I got a notice about a potential lien against my house from the IRS. Now honestly, the reason I haven't been able to pay the IRS the past two years are because 1) I've had debt incurred by a STUPID cosignature on AH's business debt which went down the tubes with his drinking (I did attach the house to the agreement, so if the IRS hadn't attached our house, HIS commercial bank would have) and 2) I've had debt incurred by a STUPID cosignature for a house for my MIL next door. She died, and we couldn't sell her first house, and it's cost us a bundle. Our best laid plans went south with the Recession and it cost me an unexpected $200,000. Oh well. I am now on another discussion board--Dave Ramsey's--in order to try to get these finances in order.

AH makes nothing. I make a good salary, and I can definitely pay back the IRS within two years. I'm OK with it. I thank God for the employment opportunities I keep getting (I'm a freelancer). I have everything I need every day. I am blessed and I thank God every day.

But I just got a huge diatribe from AH about how "nobody pays taxes" and "You're too honest!" and "We have NOTHING! NOTHING!" and "You never even TOLD me!!" (of course, he signed the tax returns. I didn't forge his signature).

The frustrating thing is the knowledge that if he lacks the character to acknowledge that the debt is obligatory and no amount of charm or sweet-talking is going to lower his liability, I can't communicate that to him. That's just the way he thinks. He swears we could just ignore or talk or cheat our way out of paying our taxes, and he's very angry with me, the breadwinner, for not doing that.

So, now I just found that he got my debit card and charged $109 at different liquor stores and he's MIA. He complains about my "controlling" him. No, I'm only trying to control the little money we have left... the money he doesn't thing the IRS should lay claim to. Shoot, I'd rather have the money going to a government construction worker idly eating donuts on the side of the road than to him.

OK, I feel better now, and I'm officially able to detach right now.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

*hug* It isn't much to offer but I hope it helps a little!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Those A's... they're really out there aren't they?

There are 2 things in life that happen... Death n Taxes.

He does realize every time he purchases something, he's paying taxes on it right? Maybe he should stop buying booze because Oh NOOOOOOOOs!!! He's paying taxes on it!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
Those A's... they're really out there aren't they?

There are 2 things in life that happen... Death n Taxes.

He does realize every time he purchases something, he's paying taxes on it right? Maybe he should stop buying booze because Oh NOOOOOOOOs!!! He's paying taxes on it!
Yeah, really--add up the taxes we've paid on alcohol, and I think we've been able to fund Obamacare!