Notices

One more day makes 7

Old 10-04-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One more day makes 7

Today has been a bad one..am working on my 7day sober. Anxiety, still shaky and depression has set in.I would say I really wanted to drink today but really that would not define it out of any other day for me..God I hope this gets better soon..I feel like I landed back on my ass today. Hardest thing I have ever done in my life by far...
Old 10-04-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
jkb

It really will get easier. Just stick with it.

Sounds like your motivated to do it. Stay strong.

Jess
Old 10-04-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there, it honestly does get better
Old 10-04-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, I hope so I feel like coming out of my skin right now and it is Friday night to boot..not a good combo..serenity prayer lots today..
Old 10-04-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR RoyalBella
congrats on your week

D
Old 10-04-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome royalbella and concrats on the 7 days,
Old 10-04-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sept.27th..had no clue it would be this hard..I was telling friends the week before, they had a problem. I didn't.. I guess the jig is up..can't stand the disappointment on my daughters face..she is young and deserves more..she is supportive and happy she is getting her mom back..thanks guys..I am grateful to all, God and this newly found site..
Old 10-04-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Stick with it royalbella

What i did was think about what a relief it will be to wake in the morning sober without a hangover and how horrid it would feel to be hungover , throw up , pass out , get the sweats , having to start over again .. and so on

Also i thought to myself if i gave up and stayed gave up it would get me through as swiftly as possible to my sober happy life i aspired to have .

Bestwishes, m
Old 10-04-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You guys are great..thank you..
Old 10-04-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! I'm glad you found us and joined the family. Congrats on your sober week.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I thought the sweats where due to the menopause duh
now im freezing all the time lol
Old 10-04-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please know that we understand.

Stopping drinking and beginning recovery was, by far, the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. You can get through this.

Congratulations on 7 days sober!
Old 10-04-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi royalbella. Be proud of yourself for those 7 hard earned days. We all know how challenging it is. We promise it will get easier - and thankfully you never have to go back there again.

I went through many phases as I began to heal. Don't be discouraged if you aren't feeling great quite yet. We've beaten ourselves up badly & need chance to recuperate. You will get there.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I could relate to thinking the night sweats were related to menopause ....I still sleep with my window open and a fan running but it is much better! Friday nights are a bugger. They get easier but still a bugger. Stay strong. I ALWAYS am grateful Saturday morning that I didn't give in. The rest of my weekend runs much better. It is just the Friday to get through. You can do this!!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I feel you and also feel like this is BY FAR the hardest thing I've ever done. But I have to think, because of that, it is going to be the most rewarding thing as well.

You can do it and you are never, ever alone.

When I feel crazy and anxious and lonely and full of self-pity I go to a meeting or listen to one of the AA tapes. Takes me out of it and I always learn something that reminds me I'm heading in the right direction.

God has your back and God is HUGE .
Old 10-06-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

well day nine today, almost at double digits..***** thank you God, Thank you God for Brian who has been clean & sober 23+yrs. Who sat there my final night of being completely wasted without 1 second of judgement.And has been a rock for me since,no matter what the time is..lol...you saved my life baby Sept. 27th 2013. I thank God for my 21yr. old who drove me to my first AA meeting last week and stayed with me.. I thank God for the incredible people I met there..I thank God for this site and the wonderful people on here that help me make it through a really terrible day, thank you all for your kindness, understanding and your acceptance..thank you for restoring my faith that I can do this and the fantastic encouragement you all gave me..God/universe is my guiding light and they have lead me exactly to where i need to be and have brought the exact people i need into my life..thank you, thank you, thank you. "GOD, GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE, THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN, AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE" HUGGZ TO EVERYONE...HAPPY SOBRIETY TO ALL..today is a good day :0)

;