Notices

Job hunt frustrations

Old 10-04-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
International Man of Mystery

Job hunt frustrations

After many years of solid drinking I have 3 days sober under my belt (which is good for me). I'm pass the feeling sick part, I was able to sleep well last night. But I'm having really bad anxiety and my hands are shaking really bad.

The problem is I really need a job, and my hands shaking make it virtually impossible to fill out applications. I have four applications. I'm looking at the first one which took forever because I had to concentrate on every letter and it looks like a child filled it out. There's no way I can turn it in. I printed out a bunch of resumes to avoid this problem but a lot of places I went to wanted their application filled. And before someone mentions it I have put in an online application to every major store in the area. I'm not going to lie, I'm half tempted to go get a six pack just so I can write these out.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sugar (like a candy bar) and gatorade might help some.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Don't drink!! It won't help you and you'll have to go thru w/d all over again and you don't want to do that now do you? The shaking will go away. Please think it over before you wreck your sober time.