Notices

Habit Hour?

Old 10-03-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Habit Hour?

I was wondering how many people have/had a habit hour? A time of the day when you usually drink or thought about it. I sure did. I could almost look at the clock and tell you it's just about habit hour. Of course I did not call it that. I would just say, 'time for a drink'. Is there a time in your day that you usually started to drink? If we were going out to dinner, I had the habit hour, if we were going to friends for cards I had a habit hour, everything had a time to begin to drink depending on what the activity was. And if there was no activity, My habit hour was around 3.pm. just before my hubby got home from work, when I day of being alone ended and dealing with people began. I'm sure there is some reason for that. But that was my Habit Hour!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

By the end, it didn't matter what time it was, if I had alcohol in the house, I'd drink it
Old 10-03-2013, 10:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SkyeSea View Post
By the end, it didn't matter what time it was, if I had alcohol in the house, I'd drink it
thank you, I knew some probably would say that. I at times didn't care about my habit hour either. I felt bad some mornings and had a beer at 9 just to get the crappy feeling to go away.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm lucky in that I live alone (by choice) but when I was drinking, that was definitely not a good thing.
Friday nights were always difficult too - from way back in my student days, it was a habit to drink Friday nights, but thanks to the weekend thread, I've stopped those thoughts
Old 10-03-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, it started out "habit hour" and changed to "habit day" then "habit week." I'm surprised I'm still alive.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I remember driving by home . telling myself I won't stop at the 7,11 or bar. I got passed the bar but not 7-11. till after I started going toAA
Old 10-03-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Saw Habit Hour... just had to respond

Hi,
Oh yeah... when I was using my painpills, I had habit "week-end"... I would deliberately skip lunch on a Friday so that when I got home from work, the pills would kick in quicker and stronger. I would watch Law and Order all night long, drifting in and out of reality... numb to everything in life until Sunday evening, when I went into panic mode knowing I had to work Monday morning.
Of course, I did end up using more and more until I ended up at Sober Recovery!
God bless this website!