Notices

So, so, similar!

Old 10-02-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So, so, similar!

Does it ever amaze you all when reading the posts on here as to how much you can relate to other people!?! I don't post that often and when I do, it's usually when I'm in a really good... or really bad place. However, I can hear myself in so many other people's posts that it's still easy to get advice even when not posting.

I've always been the person screaming "I'm still young", "not sure I'm ready to say forever", and "maybe I'm just a problem drinker, not an alcoholic!"...

BUT... When I read other people posting the same sort of things I hear myself thinking: "You're almost 30!! Forever is not that long" and "a problem drinker is NO DIFFERENT then an alcoholic" if it's causing a problem in your life and you're not an alcoholic, just...stop...drinking! :p

So easy to know the right thing for others and yet so hard to follow it! I'm not gonna lie, I've been struggling lately, not just with drinking but that is absolutely the root cause.

Just wanted to thank those of you who have the courage to post, even when things are going to hell. It makes people like me more motivated to keep trying.

Had a particularly rough week, but better the last 12 hours or so. Hoping things only go up from here. Fingers crossed.

Good night all!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for this post. I am happy to see you are doing well despite the fact that things have been rough lately.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
DAB

I quit at 42.
If I would have quit at 30, I would have missed out on all those good times that I can't remember. I would missed out on pissing away all that beer money for 12 years.
I would have missed out on all the lies and fights with my wife.
I would have missed out on nursing 12 years worth of hangovers!
Boy am I glad I didn't quit at 30.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you decide to join us for good Pinot

D
Old 10-02-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Gotta love spellcheck - I texted my partner that I loved his GRANNY smile!! (was supposed to be GRINNY)

Oops just posted this in the wrong thread lol