Notices

The Withdrawals at night are the worst for me ?

Old 10-02-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Withdrawals at night are the worst for me ?

The first night I had asked my Fiancee to hide the bottle so I wouldn't be tempted to drink...that sounded good at first and then a few hours later I started freaking out and spent the ENTIRE night looking through the house to try and find it. I would go from laying down to try and sleep then my mind would race and I would feel shaky and really anxious and get back up and look for it. I didnt sleep at all.Second night no Alcohol all day and I felt okay physically but the night was horrible I had cold sweats and I felt like my heart was beating out of my chest my head felt like it was a million pounds and I was in full blown panic I could not sleep. I layed with my head on the pillow just listening to my heart pound. Now last night I was determined to get sleep. I had gone 2 full days without it. But I couldn't shut my mind off and the cold sweats were terrible. I think I might of dozed off for a few minutes and I had some horrible nightmare. Did this happen to anyone. I'm actually now getting anxious about the thought of trying to sleep tonight b/c physically I think I will feel like crap.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sound pretty normal withdrawals to me They should ease off over the next few days, but if you're at all worried, contact your Doctor x
Old 10-02-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by RightLAine View Post
The first night I had asked my Fiancee to hide the bottle so I wouldn't be tempted to drink...that sounded good at first and then a few hours later I started freaking out and spent the ENTIRE night looking through the house to try and find it. I would go from laying down to try and sleep then my mind would race and I would feel shaky and really anxious and get back up and look for it. I didnt sleep at all.Second night no Alcohol all day and I felt okay physically but the night was horrible I had cold sweats and I felt like my heart was beating out of my chest my head felt like it was a million pounds and I was in full blown panic I could not sleep. I layed with my head on the pillow just listening to my heart pound. Now last night I was determined to get sleep. I had gone 2 full days without it. But I couldn't shut my mind off and the cold sweats were terrible. I think I might of dozed off for a few minutes and I had some horrible nightmare. Did this happen to anyone. I'm actually now getting anxious about the thought of trying to sleep tonight b/c physically I think I will feel like crap.
All of those things are common withdrawal symptoms, but they can be much worse too. You should really see your doctor and let them know you are quitting cold turkey, they can help. Rest assured that things do get much better, but he first few days can be really awfurl - and potentially very dangerous. Please see your doc if you have concerns.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't have a regular doctor I go to...What kind of doctor do you go to about this just a regular one? It's been 2 nights....how do you know if you are at risk for seizures....would that not have happened by now?
Old 10-02-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had horrible nightmares too. I think most people do for the first two or three nights. The nights are worse for the simple reason there are fewer distractions. Also, if I might offer a word of advice, you would do well to get the bottle thrown out altogether rather than ask someone to hide it.

As ever r.e. withdrawals - if in doubt see a doctor.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We can't give out medical advice on here - why don't you give your local AA a ring and have a chat with them
Old 10-02-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Many general practice doctors can help. Or a quick med or er.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mentium View Post
I had horrible nightmares too. I think most people do for the first two or three nights. The nights are worse for the simple reason there are fewer distractions. Also, if I might offer a word of advice, you would do well to get the bottle thrown out altogether rather than ask someone to hide it.

As ever r.e. withdrawals - if in doubt see a doctor.

Yea that's also the thing see I work all day so I am busy with that but at night is when I would normally drink.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

I had all these withdrawal symptons ... Day 3 can get pretty icky ... I would suggest you go to a clinic and see a docor ... congratulations on being sober
Old 10-02-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Have you tried to change your routines during the day, go for a long evening walk, try to relax and enjoy slow music before bed?

Try to find a different state of mind before you go to bed?
Old 10-02-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberhawk View Post
Have you tried to change your routines during the day, go for a long evening walk, try to relax and enjoy slow music before bed?

Try to find a different state of mind before you go to bed?

No I haven't tried that yet but I am sure it would help! the thing is I have two young kids and my house is really hectic at night. I am working on trying to establish better routines with them. They at least keep me very busy so I can keep my mind occupied however finding peace, serenity, and relaxation is tough!
Old 10-02-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like others have said, those things are common, but if you have two young kids I think it's really important you get yourself checked out by a Dr, RightLAine.

best to be safe you know?

D