Notices

Depression

Old 10-01-2013, 09:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Depression

Not sure this has anything to do with not drinking alcohol but I have been really depressed the past few days. I have not had a drink in 36 days so that is why I am not sure it has to do with it. But I have not wanted to do anything the past few days, totally down and thinking really depressing thoughts, feeling totally useless. I never feel this way. If it wasn't for my dog I don't think I would have ever left the house, thank God she has to be walked and wants to play. Any suggestions? Could this do with not drinking?
Old 10-01-2013, 10:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sweat it out dude...your a trooper thus far..if it doesn't let up see a shrink
Old 10-01-2013, 10:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yea, for me I spent so many hours at night drinking, when I quit, it's like what do I do now? I think boredom and depression are normal early on. I try making myself do things, even if I don't want to. I am making myself exercise, which I am slowly liking better, bc you get that natural high. Or find a new hobby. Anything is better than sitting around not drinking.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think everyone has bad periods - life isn't perfect.

I've suffered with depression in the past so know what it feels like to not even want to get up and wash let alone get out of bed and start my day.

I'm in no way an expert but I'm guessing a change in your routine and not drinking could change your mood.

Hopefully it will lift but go to your doctor if not. You don't have to suffer with depression!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreekGuy View Post
Not sure this has anything to do with not drinking alcohol but I have been really depressed the past few days. I have not had a drink in 36 days so that is why I am not sure it has to do with it. But I have not wanted to do anything the past few days, totally down and thinking really depressing thoughts, feeling totally useless. I never feel this way. If it wasn't for my dog I don't think I would have ever left the house, thank God she has to be walked and wants to play. Any suggestions? Could this do with not drinking?
I think it goes through waves, when we give up drink sometimes we expect everything to just be ok again, all to be fixed, but it isn't like that, we all have periods of feeling low etc sleeplessness, but if you feel its really bad see your Dr, have a chat, if you can try and get as much rest as you need at nighttime, but in the day keep busy and active hopefully it will pass soon x