A little o/t: surgery Thursday

Old 10-01-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little o/t: surgery Thursday

I am having rather extensive abdominal surgery on Thursday. This after my AH just got out of rehab on the 17th for the third time in 15mo and I found out last week that he met a woman there that he started an affair with. The affair has ended, my AH has not had a drink, but I'm still not at peace. I'm praying for everything I can think of though. Ah will be the only person able to be with me. Prayers appreciated!
Old 10-01-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sending all my strength and prayers your way for a smooth and speedy recovery.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Now is the time to really focus on yourself. Sending hugs, positive thoughts, and prayers for a speedy recovery!!
Old 10-01-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Allthings, try to focus on you this week, your body will heal much faster if your can be metally in a good spot...I know, I know easier said then done right! We are all here for you, so during your recovery log on and let us know how you are doing mentally and otherwise! Best wishes for a uneventful surgery and quick recovery!
Old 10-01-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wishing you the best! Get a lot of rest too!

If you were closer, I'd make you dinner and bring over so you didn't have to cook for yourself! I'd also fluff your pillows n cover you up! Make you snug as a bug in a rug!
Old 10-01-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh, AllThings, I'm sorry to hear about your coming surgery. I know that going through something like this is scary at the best of times. Try to put all other thoughts aside for now. Sending many prayers and (gentle) hugs for speedy healing.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Prayers! Take care of you!
Old 10-01-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thoughts & prayers from me.
Oh & hugs.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hoping your surgery will go well and that you'll have a speedy recovery!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all, it's a little scary.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Of course it is scary!! And I don't have any words that can make that fear go away except that there are always many people in an OR room watching you, all are highly trained, and they do surgeries all the time. I look at it like bungee-jumping. It is absolutely terrifying but deep down you know you will be fine. Hang onto that!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thinking of you and sending prayers, as well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My AH was so scared when he had his brain surgery 2 weeks ago. OMG... I'd be a liar if I told anyone I wasn't scared! It's a natural emotion. Breath deep and try to relax.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sending hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Surgery went very well. Doctors were completely able to fix what was wrong, and aside from some surgical discomfort, I am already feeling much better. One odd thing happened, somehow my CORNEA got scratched during surgery. Now the eye and the intestines are in very different places, so we are baffled as to how exactly, but my optomistrist was able to see me after hours and that even feels tolerable now. I will see hi again before hours tomorrow to see how I am healing. I am considering taking it up with the hospital, my eyes were in perfect working condition before the surgery, so this is a weird one.

As far as AH, well the intermittent chicken (me) pecked on the lever today and got exactly what she needed. He was 100% sober! very caring, and very much the man I married. He was with me 100% in all regards. That was SO comforting. It's sad to think that it hasn't always been that way. I was hospitalized last year and he came to see me completely drugged on two full bottles of Nyquill - slept in my hospital room from 4p, till the next morning, and it only caused more stress as I had to explain why AH was so completely "exhausted" even as church members came and went.... But, I digress, that is in the past. Today was, overall. Very good all things considered.

Thank you for the prayers, my doctors says I should take 2 weeks off, so I'm going to try. Guess I'll be around a lot.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm glad your surgery went well, AllThings! It must have really been a comfort that your AH was available to support you through it. Good to hear that you are doing okay. Don't stop taking good care of yourself, and keep us updated.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

So glad surgery went well! It's so hard when things are actually good, to just BE good and happy....and then deal with the bad as it comes. I wish the happy could bleed over the bad, as much as the bad bleeds over the good sometimes! Keep enjoying the good and ride that happy wave! Speedy recovery to you!
Old 10-04-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Glad to hear things went well. Hope you're feeling good today.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm healing. Weirdest thing happened, they scratched my cornea somehow during surgery!?! Now, to the best of my recollection, the eye and the intestines are NOT in the same general area. I talked to the hospital today and they said they Offered, TWICE, to have an optimologist come look at my eye and I refused. What the heck?!?! How is it I do NOT remember anything about that?

Got me thinking, my AH has spent soooooo many nights in a blackout that there are things I tell him he said and he just refuses to believe me ... It seems impossible that some of what I quoted to him he wouldn't remember, but post-op, as I truly have NO recollection of what they say happened, I too am baffled. How can someone "get used" to being told, over and over, about what he/she has been said or done. I know in my case it was anesthesia not alcohol, and I didn't say anything hurtful to anyone (other than myself apparently.). But, the A's in our lives must go through this all the time! The worst part is that they often say or do terrible things... I could never live that way. It's too disconcerting.