2 weeks and one slip 3 days ago..or was it four

Old 10-01-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks and one slip 3 days ago..or was it four

I have struggled with alcohol for years. Sometimes under control, sometimes not. I tried AA years ago, but it is not really anonymous. And I cannot have that...I have to protect my employment. Plus I didn't like the "helpless" aspect. I drank wine because I liked it's effects, not because of a disease.

Fortunately, it was not to the point of having with drawls. Urges, yes. I have used AVRT and that resonates with me. I wish that I had read those books years ago. I am so much more clear headed and sleeping like a baby. My confidence and serenity has returned.

Am I problem free? No, but is anyone. I have gained so much from reading the posts here and appreciate all of you with similar struggles. Thank you for that. And keep posting! I need to hear about your sobriety without AA meetings! I am more of a loner and do not like to "out myself" in public.

Thanks for "listening".
Old 10-01-2013, 11:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
jkb

Sounds like you will fit in great over here on the secular side.... Got a Big plan? Or any plan? lol...

Jess
Old 10-02-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm one day short of one year sober. AVRT has worked for me. Now I know it's a choice I make. If I wanted to I could drink tomorrow. Of course, I know how that story ends. So I tell my Beast/AV to go to hell. No 'slips' for me because the first drink will lead to the 15ths.

Sounds as though you're doing well.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smile Yep. Working for me.

But I have a science background and need something logical. Still, I do pray and meditate for strength. I was not down the tubes yet, but I felt myself teetering! Have become even more productive. I am glad to be here.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad to have you, BeingPresent.

Stick around.