Notices

suboxone

Old 09-30-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

suboxone

It is day 6 off cold turkey off of suboxone feel alot better than th past few day does anyone have exsperience quiting this drug how did you feel
Old 09-30-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi liveandlearn = no experience here but we do have a subs forum you might like to also look at

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
D
Old 09-30-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and good for you for getting off the suboxone.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What is suboxone?
Old 09-30-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! Take a look at that forum link for lots of info on your questions. Glad you joined the family!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

Congrats live you have made it out of the darkest sub detox days. From here on out you should feel dramatically better each day. By Day 5 I was mostly over my sub WD's and now that it's been months since my detox I can't tell you how nice it is to not have that ball and chain. Also I don't miss that orange crap taste under my tongue every morning! yuck! Sub is a good drug and helped me a lot, but I'm glad I decided to get off it and I'm sure you will too. You've accomplished a huge feat, you may not realize it, but you have. Getting off suboxone makes the strongest men/women cry like kids, it is 20-40 times stronger than Morphine (up to a ceiling dose of course). Now that your off the drug, what is your plan to combat going back to opiates?
Old 10-01-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I havent thought about that yet i am going to try to find an na meeting in my area
is it normal to have migraines while comimg off this crap i didnt get the subs from a doc just got them off the street. Today was much better i actually smiled and was jokimg around with eople in my trade class i just woke up last wensday and said if i dont quit this junk today i never will
Old 10-01-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Old 10-01-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

What was the first week ct off of sub like for you?tomorrow morning it will be a week for me
i didnt realize it was that strong of a drug thats crazy i took it for 6 months after snorting perc 30 everyday i just went nuts my only parent my dad died in his sleep and i rushed thete at 2 am worst day of my life and i just went nuts using and using to forget
Old 10-01-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad liveandlearn, that sounds horrible. I've used drugs/alcohol to escape feelings and emotions to. Now that I'm sober and have to sit with them, I've found that being a part of AA or NA is a huge help because of the 12 steps and the fellowship. I can talk face to face with other addicts about the struggles of sobriety. SR helps too, but it's never kept me sober.

To answer your question. It took 2-3 weeks to feel like myself again. That first week sucked a lot, but it gets easier and easier so keep moving forward. I remember that first week feeling like the WD was never going to end, and that I would never be happy again. It's simply not true. My first week I was tired, unmotivated, unable to sleep, or sleeping all the time, depressed. Oh and the cravings! You've made it through the worst though, and it should get A LOT better real soon! Don't hit the reset button, Day 1 of beginning an opiate detox is hell.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for the response it really helps just talking to someone even if its over the internet it has been hard to sleep but ive been able to i do feel highly unmotivated and tired and ive been getting headaches alot maybe its normal idk i would rather feel like this for awhile than be a slave to to that orange garbage anymore it is nowhere near as bad as when i came off of oxys i wish i could go fishing or something im going to go take a walk thank you for talking to me its nice to talk to someone who has gone through what i am going through
Old 10-01-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Took a walk around the school im staying in a doorm room with my twin brother its amazing how diffrent everything is off of that garbage
Old 10-01-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You can add me as a friend on here if you want to how was your day today for me was actually alot better physically but i am depressed which sucks
Old 10-02-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Today was pretty good wasnt as nervous as i have been just been having cravings alot beein in school helps me not focus on them
Old 10-07-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Its been a long 12 days suboxone sucks feel way better than day 1-6 i can sleep good finally
Old 10-07-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I guess my thread died thats ok tho lol
Old 10-07-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

No your thread is resting. I didn't see your posts for some reason. Glad you are well.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hi liveandlearn, welcome to SR. I just saw your thread now, too. You might want to post over in the Suboxone and Substance Abuse forums too, there are several people on or getting off suboxone.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Almost 2 weeks i feel alot better just a little depressed but ill survive i like reading everyones posts
Old 10-08-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you're doing well!