Notices

Staying Power

Old 06-03-2004, 05:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Staying Power

Salut,

I have met many dear people on SR and I have seen people come and go since I joined in last novembre....How much do we count, is it the most witty and the one's with a quick reply that stay the course? do you think that people with a sense of fun carry things through better? I wonder what place the people who stop coming have gone...I wonder is it slipping, or feeling safe going alone again, or do they just not get enough response for not being witty or wise enough?

This is not an opinion , it is a question, I am going through self worth with therapy and would like any opinion.

tHANKS GUYS indigo
Old 06-03-2004, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bird on the rise

Hey Indigo,

I imagine it is probably any one of those things. Don't know that I'd give one more weight than another.

Marie

Marie
Old 06-03-2004, 06:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

I would definitly say it's not the wit or how wise someone is but more so the interest they find in the boards, the help they are seeking, the honesty they contribute. No one is forced to stay, just one of those many choices we have. I need this place as it's paramount to my recovery. I guess it all just depends...
Old 06-03-2004, 06:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Annie,

I wonder about the people who leave too. I think SR is like many things in life. You get out of it what you put into it. Sometimes people can get a 'quick fix' with a few responses and feel very satisfied. For me, I definitely see the rewards of staying here and getting to know people well and seeing their growth and the challenges they face. This makes me look at myself and try to be the best I can be.

Love, Anna
Old 06-04-2004, 05:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
knucklehead

indigo, we all have to live our lives and we alone choose how we are going to that. we do have to live in certain circumstances. but we do have to make our own way with in those cicumstances. i need you all at SR and for me i dont see that changing in the near future. i am sad to see people leave though.

i am in the process of making a big move in my own life getting sober is but one of the many major changes. it is the most important though. i am gald to have found my way here. i have gotten so much strength from you all.

as far as the move goes we are planning to be on the road tuesday 6/8/2004. i will be out of range from all of you for a bit of time. i am not looking foward to that. i am not kidding you all i need SR every day. wish me luck thanks kckman
Old 06-04-2004, 05:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Gold Member

(((((((((((Huggys indigo))))))))) I too wonder where the people I have met on SR go to. For me SR has been like a home base these past couple of years. I have come and gone as well and it depends on what is going on in my physical life on how much I seek out SR. I try to give to SR as much as I get out of it be it in a responce to someone who suffering or someone who wants to "play". I'm a very moody person with many ups and downs. I get just as many responces from when I'm down in the dumps as when I'm feeling full of fun. I'v met you on SR and you are one of my lights in my life. I enjoy your fun as much as I love your wizdom! There are times though that I go it without SR because I seek out the computer responces more so than my regular life. Have to have ballance in al things! Just for today I'm greatful for SR and you for being in my life. I have my regular life as well and the people in it and just for today things are well in both worlds. Huggys!
Old 06-04-2004, 06:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Hi Indigo,
Im CRS, Only been on the boards for a few weeks. I have been through so many ups and downs emotionally and was able to lay them all out here.
I was just thinking yesterday,in the short time Ive been here Ive seen names pop up once or twice then dissapear. Who knows. As mentioned above probably for a variety of reasons. I dont think being witty has much to do with it. Ive had some pretty fun moments and some pretty down moments and in both accounts people have been there. I think it depends on how much your committed to your cause. Right now I need this to help in my recovery. Will I always,will I grow out of this? Dont know. But at this point Im thinking with what Ive received from this will always give me the desire to want to give something back. Time will tell.
Have you had bad experiences here? Felt like you did not receive enough attention? I know at times I get pretty overwhelmed by all the posts I see. I want to respond to all of them but realize there are some that I just cant contribute to or someone has already said what needs to be said.
Hope you are well.
CRS
Old 06-04-2004, 09:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks guys,
I feel pretty much the same way, you've helped me lots.
love indigo x