Notices

Rough Day

Old 09-30-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rough Day

I don't know what it is with me today, but I am feeling really intense. Not bad so much as... pressurized? Does anyone know what I mean? I'm tired, and I feel like I am carrying a really heavy weight.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((Room))))

sorry you re feeling like this, are you home now? can you get in a nice hot bath and soak, chill out? maybe put some relaxing music on, have some decent food, plenty of af drinks, keep posting.... that's a horrid feeling, but I will pass just got to fight thro it xx
Old 09-30-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi RFA...I just peeked back to see where you are. I hit the wall right around where you are....and it persisted for a bit. I think it's a good sign, change is happening. Just ride it. I know I got sober and expected to be feeling amazing in 30 days, so didn't happen. I am a figure skater and I went to a rink about 2 months in, after getting lost on my way to the rink I opened up my bag with only about 1/2 to skate....and I had brought 2 left skates.

I had to trust others who told me what it was like...that it would get better. I think the rough patch you are hitting can throw people if they aren't prepared for it. That is why I love SR, I can follow others who are ahead of me who share what it is like.

I think it is PAWS. I felt like I was foggy and lethargic and blah, blah. I felt anxious about not being motivated but not enough to really get going. So I sat with it. For the first time in a long time I just was....I didn't drink or take a pill, I just let it wash over me, and tried to remember that this is a marathon not a sprint.

It worked, it passed. But if it happens again now I know that it will pass again. Be kind to yourself. By doing nothing (not drinking) we recovering alkies are doing a ****load!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's how I felt ever day when I got up in the morning when I was drinking. What are you actively doing for you recovery?
Old 09-30-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks lorelai, jaynie, FG

Yes, I am at home right now. I made some tea, and I'm going to ride it out. A hot bath sounds like a really good idea.

Jaynie, I really hear what you are saying about it taking time. Keeping perspective seems pretty important. I think I do feel somewhat discouraged that I am not more functional yet, but I think I have to just respect my own process.

@FG I didn't feel this way while drinking. I see what you mean, though. I'm in therapy 4xweek right now. Probably an exercise regimen would help.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hope you feel better very soon x
Old 09-30-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So it turns out that I was tired and needed to sleep. It's crazy how scrambled the signals from my body are sometimes.