Son coming home.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Son coming home.

My son who has been living by himself since February (except for 3 week stint at home in June, which ended badly) is coming home. I had asked him to leave at that time because he was using at home and his behavior was getting very aggravating.

Why am i allowing him back home given my previous experience? Short answer is that I am taking a chance. My hope is that by providing some stability and family support he may take steps towards recovery. He has been talking about going to an out patient program. I want to give him a chance to put some walk behind his talk. He seems to be more serious than before.

I guess I am trusting him to take the right steps. It will become evident soon, if he is ready or not. I am hopeful but realistic as well that I may have to evict him again.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My dad gave me an outpatient ultimatum. He does not know about opiates I am a hypocrite. BUT he does know about alcohol and marijuana. My choices were to sober up, go to treatment, or be homeless. I am in treatment still, and I am thankful to my dad. I found a free state run program that I go to mon-fri from 8am-noon. I like it. It feels like going to school. They random test me as well, so my dad knows that as long as I am in the program then I am sober.

I hope your son responds positively, and I hope that everything works out for you. Hugs
Old 09-27-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Pravchaw
I hope that he is ready to get into treatment. You and your dear son will be in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-27-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Old 09-27-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Pravchaw, I hope it all works out well and your son is serious about getting some help in recovery. What a wonderful gift you are giving him. Praying for your son to be receptive to help and for you both to have good, open communication and the ability to live in harmony.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Pravchaw, you have done A LOT of work on yourself these past few months. I am sure you have the tools you need and the ability to seek guidance if you don't. Your son is blessed to have a dad like you. Stick with boundaries and love and your HP will prevail. With support and hope for all the best!
Old 09-27-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We never know until we try. People are in a continuous state of change, all of us I think. I hope he takes hold of the wonderful opportunity, all the positivity, and hope that is there for him.... prayers for all of you being sent up tonight.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. Your support over the last few months has been a life saver. I think I am better equipped now let go and let him work his recovery if he wants to.

I picked him up today and bought him home. He says he needs to go into detox for a few days. He says he will go on Monday.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good news Pravchaw! Will be praying for you and your son and all to work out well come Monday.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I will keep your son in my prayers too. We never know when the miracle of recovery will happen and take hold, now just may be his time.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Prayers coming your way for Pravchaw and family!
Hugs
TT
Old 09-29-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thinking of you !! Hope everything is good at the Pravchaw home tonight.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Everything is good. Still waiting for a bed to open up at the place my son wants to go. He is at home, seems to be coping, mostly pleasant. I have not seen any overt signs of using or intoxication. He knows our boundaries Mj withdrawal lasts for weeks but is low grade. He does seem to be serious this time.

:
Old 10-01-2013, 07:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So happy to hear this Pravchaw. Hope a bed opens up soon for him. We had to endure it for a week before we could bring my son. Prayers for you and your son.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

A bed did open up today and he has gone to detox. He is to remain there for 5 days after which they will do an assessment and recommend an out patient or an in patient program for 3 to 6 weeks. He has taken a first step in the right direction in a very long time. I am sure right now his brain is still very muddled with the drug withdrawal but hopefully he will start to think straight in a few days.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

THanks for the update. You deserve a lot of kudos for your own recovery work and your patience with your son. I hope you can breathe easier for a few days now. Do something nice for yourself and your wife.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Really good news Pravchaw... I think I just breathed a big collective sigh of relief for you. This is really big for your son...I will keep you all in my prayers and appreciate you sharing with us!! Have a really good, peaceful nights sleep. He is in good hands...they'll take great care of him.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I think it will take longer before he has his body and mind back prawchaw.

I am so glad that he has taken this direction.

I am crossing my fingers for him.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Best news of the night. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

One step...his step....wonderful! There is nothing better than knowing your child is taking a healthier path!