One week since I left

Old 09-27-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One week since I left

The grass really is greener. Just enjoying this time with my family. Having a pizza/movie/game night without worrying that a violent abusive A is going to storm in like Godzilla and wreck the place because we're laughing too loud and he 'knows' we're talking about him and laughing at him. I just feel gratitude and relief and a boundless sense of possibility.
Spoke to him once to let him know that we had arrived safely. He drunk dialed me a few hours later because 'he thought he heard the phone ring', but I politely ended the conversation and that was that.
His mom went nuclear when I told her we were leaving so she didn't get a chance to say goodbye to the boys because she was too busy spewing vitriol and threats at me. I let her talk to them Sunday, but I didn't speak with her myself, because I don't want to let her try to rile me up.
Glad I did this and glad I found this site.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you lady, Pizza, movie night.. My favorite! Enjoy
Old 09-27-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats to you !!!!!!!!!!! You did it!!!!!!!!!! Nice to meet you and welcome to SR.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks all. Good meeting you too. I've got a lot of work to do, but it's all going to be worth it to have my sons and I safe and healthy and happy.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ladyscribbler; Welcome to SR. I have been on this site for almost two months and it has given me such amazing information and support. I also love this site because I can talk about things that I can't always share with friends and family.

Welcome!

Carrie
Old 09-28-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

i have a new saying now...for when it comes to the mother in law...

not my monkey not my circus!
meaning only reason she needs to contact you know is the GRAND KIDS thats it...
remember NO is a complete sentence....and an answering machine is a wonderful tool...just because phone is ringing does not mean you HAVE to pick it up...

congrats! healthy healing is wonderful, even the coffee tastes better now...
Old 09-28-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats! And welcome. This is a great place to find support, hope, and healing. Keep coming back!

wreck the place because we're laughing too loud and he 'knows' we're talking about him and laughing at him.
And I have to say this really hit home and brought back a memory I had shoved to the back of my mind. It was one of the first incidents where I really began to question his sanity. I was accused of the very same thing - only it was dinner with my Mom and sister that he wouldn't join. He was one story below us, and ranted all night after they left about how he "knew" we were talking about him and he could hear us clearly. Total weirdness and super paranoia. So glad that part of my life is over!