Here we go again...round 3

Old 09-27-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go again...round 3

Found out this morning my AH will be going to rehab on Tues. This will be the 3rd time in 7 months. For the first time throughout this crazy ordeal I can honestly say I'm doing ok. I like my new job. I signed a lease and the girls and I will be moving from a relatives house to our own place. I know we will be ok even if he isn't. He keeps asking when we are coming back. Right now I'm enjoying the peace. I'm glad I don't need to answer that question yet. Getting some space and perspective has been invaluable. I feel like all the reading on SR, the al anon mtgs, therapy appts, anger, and tears have finally brought me to a better place. The journey is far from over but I feel ready to handle it now. I hope my AH finds his way. Its heartbreaking to watch someone you love suffer so much.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done on putting yourself and your kids first. Peace and serenity are amazing after so much drama for so long.

I hope my AH finds his way. Its heartbreaking to watch someone you love suffer so much.
I couldn't agree with you more. Addictions are heartbreaking!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

maybe this time alone will allow you to find your inner self and inner peace. my grandmother once told me absence mends the broken heart. maybe also this time to allow your self to open up and find your path
Old 09-27-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think that's the true gift of AlAnon. Learning to find serenity and peace for ourselves, even if the alcoholic in our life doesn't change.