The gift of peace

Old 09-26-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The gift of peace

The biggest change in my life with an AH and no - 4 years after divorce and moved away - is the complete lack of all drama.

Sure, I can get into it with my 11 year-old daughter from time to time. My children do have their moments of squabbling, but day to day, overall, we are a peaceful, happy and regular family.

Nobody fails to show up and fails to call to explain his absence. Nobody makes nasty, snide comments. There's no blaming or shaming going on here.

I just didn't know that it could be like this and I am so completely happy.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am still married to my AH, but we are living 850 miles apart right now and divorce is inevitable in the coming months. My birthday was earlier this week, and while I didn't have a fancy party or a pile of gifts, I also did not have a crazy, abusive, totally irrational person hovering over me. My peace and serenity remained intact for the whole day! It's the best gift he could have given me, and he doesn't even realize he gave it to me! Of course, it's only through my own hard recovery work that I even knew I had a choice in the matter. I always had the power to protect my peace and serenity, every day. But that forced distance/separation has really made that crystal clear for me.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's those little snide comments that make me insane. He acts like they are no big deal, or I can't take a joke, that I don't know how to have fun anymore. But yet he ceases to realize that it's never funny when there are big elements of truth to them. It's not a joke, you meant it and you know it. I think I would revel in a existence with out those little pockets for hate.

I'm so glad to hear about your happiness. Smiles to you!
Old 09-26-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great to hear Stelle,

You deserve it.

Kids at that age should challenge their parents at times.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm happy for you!!! Peace in ones life is such a treasure!
GS
Old 09-27-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree Stella. Since leaving my AH about a month ago my life is very serene. I have a sense of calm.