Notices

Greetings

Old 09-25-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not angry just direct

Greetings

Greeting all,

I'm unlikely to be a prolific poster as I'm not that flush with time and wotnot, but I've joined to ask a tailored question about managing codeine withdrawal and, to date, haven't found a thread that addresses my specific question. I'm sorry if I'm going to repeat a thread which I'll start in the appropriate section once I find it.

What I have read so far is mostly impressing and I can see the forum is a-plenty with compassionate people who've got the understanding that habits aren't simple equations to manage, so I hope to be able to tread softly and maybe give a bit back as I go.

That's about it for me. Thanks for providing a place for those living with addiction to query a workable strategy at recovery (he says as he's waiting for his current C.W.E. to finish going through the filters in the fridge).

X
Old 09-25-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

to SR, sorry can't answer your query but wanted to say hello x
Old 09-25-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello. We can not answer your question about withdrawl from codeine (forum policy), but we can WELCOME you with open arms and give support to you. So, WELCOME!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not angry just direct

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
to SR, sorry can't answer your query but wanted to say hello x
Hey, lorelie. Thanks for the welcome. Hello back

Ps if I may say (not sexually) you have an amazing energy beaming out of your eyes!

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
Hello. We can not answer your question about withdrawl from codeine (forum policy)
Hey Mizzuno. Really? Wow, I must have completely missed that in the rules and regs I just read so I can't plead ignorance on that. Alright, I guess I'll be wearing the dunce hat once it's handed over, fair play.

I'd best go re-read the T&C's once I can properly concentrate!

, but we can WELCOME you with open arms and give support to you. So, WELCOME!
But that's nice so thanks for your kind words and advice above.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old 09-25-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Not angry just direct

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
Hello. We can not answer your question about withdrawl from codeine (forum policy)
Ah, just re-read the T&C's and I'm assuming you were referring to this section?:

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.

I had read this but it hadn't registered to me as asking members for their personal advice. None-the-less it's a conscientious policy, but as it happens I got lucky and someone quickly posted a smart reply that hit the nail on the head with a lovely analogy that I really should be paying attention to long before asking the questions I was asking!

So, in effect, in a round-about way I got a better answer than I was asking for anyway!

Funny how life works sometimes eh.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome regretter, I hope you stick around! SR has been a huge help to me and it took me a bit to figure out my way around. I'm impressed that you have already figured out how to quote from another thread, I just figured out how to quote intrathread. We are all on different paths here, but it helps that we are all trying to get to the same place. Welcome aboard!
Old 09-25-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Not angry just direct

Aww thanks jaynie what a lovely welcome. I'm familiar with forums in general as I used to administrate a well known athiest forum and a certain other type that would be inappropriate for me to mention at SR, so I learned a few generic tricks along the way. If I can be of any help with forum functions don't hesitate to PM me and I'll see what I can do to help.

I completely gave up on forums a while ago as I'd just really had enough of all the crap that can come with them but I can see things operate a little differently here, and after half an hour I'm already drawing benefits from joining. So who knows.. maybe I might be able to squeeze in the odd post here and there and make some worthwhile contributions.

Thanks again
Old 09-25-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi regretter

I think the best way is to go see your Dr - from my reading of threads here, most doctors with any knowledge of codeine addiction will probably institute you on a taper plan.

They'll also check you our for any possible liver damage from the paracetamol etc. which is a pretty important thing to consider as well.

D
Old 09-25-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello Regretter. Nice for you robe here.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Stupid auto correct! Nice for you to be here. Welcome.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Not angry just direct

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi regretter

I think the best way is to go see your Dr - from my reading of threads here, most doctors with any knowledge of codeine addiction will probably institute you on a taper plan.

They'll also check you our for any possible liver damage from the paracetamol etc. which is a pretty important thing to consider as well.

D
Morning, Dee. Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately (long story) seeing my GP about codeine dependence is out of the question. But don't worry about my liver as I use a well-refined process for removing the paracetamol from the codeine so my liver isn't getting a battering from that. It is getting one from drinking too much with Etizolam but that's another story

I do appreciate your concern all-the-same.

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Stupid auto correct! Nice for you to be here. Welcome.
Morning, Raider. Thanks for your welcome, too.

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Hello Regretter. Nice for you robe here.
^^ Yes I agree that's VERY annoying isn't it? Who does it think it is rewriting our words for us? Grr lol
Old 09-26-2013, 12:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Regretter, welcome. This is a great place. I am a recovering alcoholic. Some other posters will be along to address the codeine issue with you. Just want you to know that we are all rooting for you.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Not angry just direct

Aww, thanks pinkdog. It's nice to wake up to words of encouragement. It's just occurred to me I haven't had that before!

I'm glad you're on the road to recovery. I'm the only sibling out of 5 that doesn't have a dependence on alcohol, yet, although I know it coud creep up on me any minute if I keep drinking. I've seen how hard it can be to become free of it so I'm rooting for you, too.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Regretter View Post

^^ Yes I agree that's VERY annoying isn't it? Who does it think it is rewriting our words for us? Grr lol
Have you looked at a site called 'Damn you autocorrect'? has me in fits of giggles for hours!
Old 09-26-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Not angry just direct

Originally Posted by tgirl View Post
Have you looked at a site called 'Damn you autocorrect'? has me in fits of giggles for hours!
Haha.. I dunno what I find funnier.. some of the errors in the hall of fame of the fact that someone actually started a website dedicated to the evil that is autocorrect ha ha.

Classic. Cheers, tgirl. I feel 1 notch better this morning for that!

+1
Old 09-26-2013, 01:31 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

welcome to SR regretter
Old 09-26-2013, 01:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tgirl View Post
That reminds me of a site called Texts from last night. Hilarious stuff...I think a few of mine must have made it there!! 😄
Old 09-26-2013, 01:51 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Not angry just direct

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
welcome to SR regretter
Morning, Ready. Thanks for your welcome. I'm already being sucked in even though I said I probably wouldn't be.

Originally Posted by Oldselfagain View Post
That reminds me of a site called Texts from last night. Hilarious stuff...I think a few of mine must have made it there!! 😄
I'm definitely checking that out in a minute.. I can already imagine a few giggles coming