Notices

Insomnia and Migraines

Old 09-24-2013, 03:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Insomnia and Migraines

Hello,

I had 49 days clean but relapsed 9 days ago, but only briefly. I used once, before bed, then had to start counting my days over again. Well, ever since, I've had horrible insomnia and pretty consistent migraines. Is this something you guys have experienced during the early days of your recovery? This is becoming unbearable for me. I'm so tired, in so much pain, and there's nothing I can do to make it all go away. I find myself trying to justify my drug use; trying to trick myself into "needing" it. Intellectually, I don't want to use and I know I don't need to, but that addict side of my brain is BEGGING me to just throw in the towel and use to find some sort of relief.

Anyway, any advice would be great. Thank you!
Old 09-24-2013, 03:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hiya brae,
Yes, I know exactly how you feel!
This time the headaches were awful, so I rested when I needed too, drank loads of water, and tried to eat well even tho I didnt feel like it, try and get out and get some air, your body has been used to being drugged to sleep, it needs to unlearn that, give it time, try and do some exercise during the day, to naturally tire your body, you know its worse before it gets better (())

Well done on 49 days, you will soon be back to that figure and beyond x
Old 09-24-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, Lorelei. I guess I forget how much damage I've done to my body during my drug use. I feel like I should just be able to sleep normally since I'm not on drugs anymore. I feel like I shouldn't be in any pain because if the awful withdrawal I went through before my recent relapse. Grrrrr... Really wishing I wasn't an addict at the moment.

I'll keep in mind that it gets worse before it gets better. I don't think I've ever heard that before.

Thank you again.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know hon, its tough, I really don't ever want to go thro day 1 ever again, and I don't have too

Look after you, ok x