Notices

New to Sobriety

Old 09-23-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bal
Sober 21st Sept 2013

Smile New to Sobriety

Hey all, After drinking heavily and binging on and off for the last 9 or ten years, and hearing of a friends sudden death due to alcohol, I decided the other day that the time has come to quit, quit properly ( no fooling myself this time saying its only one beer, that inevitably leads to 20 ) and quit for good.

Alcohol has cost me many jobs, relationships , friendships and the last ten odd years of my life.More than anything I want to stop the daily ritual of getting hammered and waking up in various states of drunkeness before looking for more alcohol to "sort the hangover"

So I stopped a couple of days ago, naturally i feel like rubbish and have all the sweating, shaking, puking and other lovely stuff happening at the minute.

I jumped straight into the chatroom and stayed all day , if Im there, Im not boozing and chatting with others has really helped give me strength, so thanks to those kind souls who had a kind word to say on these dark few days, I know I will succeed with the support I have found here.

The future is bright, the future is sober.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aboard Bal - glad you found us

D
Old 09-23-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Bal, glad you are here. Wishing you well.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Bal! Proud of you for making this huge decision. You sound positive and determined. This is a great place for friendship and understanding - we all know what you're going through. Glad to have you join the family.