Notices

The Time is Here

Old 09-23-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Time is Here

Hi all, been lurking on this site for the past few days gathering information on recovery, and there seems to be a lot of support. As the title states, it's time!

When my ex-wife and I divorced 4 years ago, it caused a lot of pain in my life and I turned to drinking to ease that pain. That pain is gone now, but my drinking is still with me. My weapon of choice is vodka and beer. As soon as I get home from work I would usually drink a pint of Vodka and a beer or 2. Then on weekends, I would begin drinking by noon and to the early evenings. The only good thing I can say, is I don't drink while I'm at work. It's a good job and can't afford to lose it.

The reason I'm here is to make the first step into my recovery. Besides the drinking, my life has become a lot better now and I don't want to lose any of that.

Thank you.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck to you, stick with it, it is hard work but definitely worth it. You can do it!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Dookster You're making an excellent choice, glad to have you with us x
Old 09-23-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi The Dookster, welcome. I'm glad you are jumping in. It's a great place. Stick around.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family! You've come to a good place with lots of support. I hope we can help you as much as this site has helped me.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I plan on sticking around. I am very determine this time to win the battle.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome it only take.s one minute at a time some day,s............But you can do it......
Old 09-23-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR

D
Old 09-23-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Do must people go through withdraws?

I only drink at night, and I get the basic withdraws during sleeping around 3:00 AM, such as rapid heart beat and sweating. They usually last about 2 hrs, and by the time I get up I feel fine. I do go to the gym before work everyday to help kill any hangovers, which I rarely get anymore. What I'm trying to say is, if I don't drink tonight should I expect more withdraws, since my body is use to drinking every night? Or just the usual iritation and urges?
Old 09-23-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Withdrawal from alcohol is unpredictable and can be dangerous. It's always a good idea to check with your dr. I'm glad you found us and that you plan to live a sober life.