Notices

Day 5 Starts

Old 09-23-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 Starts

This is my 5th day of not having a drink. Today I woke up feeling amazing and even more excited about this. Its crazy to think I haven't been sober for this long in over 4 years. My mind is clearing up and hopefully tonight will be easier than last night. The wife and I are already changing vacation plans for my 30th Birthday. Instead of going to a party city like we planned, we are going to find a more relaxing alcohol free alternative. Think of the money we will save!
Old 09-23-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great news!! Congrats on day 5, I'm on day 5 too! Still having some anxiety but I know from the past that long periods without alcohol decreased my anxiety greatly. Good for you also for changing destinations. Hope your birthday is amazing!
Old 09-23-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Great job! Keep it up!

I was originally scheduled to go on an all inclusive trip to the Caribbean back in March but I ended up in rehab instead. So thankful for that because I know I would have drank myself silly with free liquor everywhere.

Instead, I put the trip money into my 401k like a responsible adult (I'm only allowed to act age 15 23 hours of the day - that last hour is grownup time).